993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alright am I playing with fire?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003 | 08:23 PM
williet1342
Pro

Question Alright am I playing with fire?

BobD. pointed this one out (Thanks Bob). It's at Faulk World Motor Cars. What do you guys think? Was this an original color? Anyone seen the car? Is Faulk pretty straight to deal with? (searched archives - no info.) Definite PPI case here. I was oroiginally looking for a Black and Gray (or tan) TIP but this darker gray does catch my eye a little. Will investigate further. Anyone nearby that can go over and check it out?

<a href="http://www.faulkcollection.com/vehicle.asp?idVehicle=67#" target="_blank">http://www.faulkcollection.com/vehicle.asp?idVehicle=67#</a>

All assistance GREATLY APPRECIATED&gt; Regards.
Williet1342 -
Old 04-06-2003 | 08:33 PM
williet1342
Pro

Anyone able to run a carfax for me. My account must have lapsed. Damn it. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2003 | 08:38 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by williet1342:
<strong>Anyone able to run a carfax for me. ...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">From the archives (just one of several such posts):

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Viken:
<strong>Please don't ask people to run a Carfax for you in violation of their agreement with Carfax.

From the admin:

"Morality of doing Carfax's for others aside, fact is the customer agreement one signs when they buy the service says they won't run it for others. So, if you have needs that Carfax doesn't address, contact them. I'd expect they have other terms and conditions available, as dealers can't have the same limitation as Joe consumer.

If you or a friend can't or won't spend the $15-$20 for the Carfax service, please don't use Rennlist to ask others to do something in violation of their agreement with Carfax."</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">
Old 04-06-2003 | 08:48 PM
JonSeigel
Pro

FWIW, gray interior seems to wear very quickly.
Old 04-06-2003 | 08:54 PM
waybrig
Instructor

Williet, in regards to color, I looked at a '95 cab in the same color and also saw online ad's for a couple more. Not sure what the official color is, but it does appear to be stock. Very nice color in my opinion, doesn't show dirt too bad, and really shows off the curves. The one I looked at had a black dashboard/steering wheel with the remaining interior parts grey leather. This combo looks better to me. Coincidentally that's the combo I have in my black cab.

Price seems quite high to me for a '95 Tip coupe. I would expect a fair price to be around $35 assuming everything checks out OK.
Old 04-06-2003 | 08:58 PM
williet1342
Pro

Sorry guys I didn't know that (should have read a little more closely). Still need all advice avail. Thanks Dan and Jon for responding. I had a silver corvette years ago and the paint faded along with the gray interior, I am again reminded of that. Anyone dealt with these folks?
Willit1342
Old 04-06-2003 | 09:01 PM
williet1342
Pro

Thanks Waybrig, I agree the $ looks high, but I am still going to investigate a little further, they'd have to come to the table.
Old 04-06-2003 | 10:07 PM
L23FPorsche
Instructor

The color is L23F schiefer-metallic or in English Slate Grey metallic. By my call name you can tell I am a little partial to this color.
Yes, it is original and probably one of the best colors Porsche ever made. More pictures of this color on my page at P-Car.
Old 04-07-2003 | 01:07 AM
grouchy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I happen to have a '95 993C4 in exterior color L23F with the matching painted wheels. Couple megs worth of pictures here (7 pictures total).

<a href="http://www.grouchy.us/95_993_c4.html" target="_blank">http://www.grouchy.us/95_993_c4.html</a>
Old 04-07-2003 | 01:34 AM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

If the car is in really excellent condition, the asking price may not be too high, IMO. The car only has 29,000 miles, which is quite low, and I would think the advertised price is not firm -- there is probably room for negotiation. Of course, if it's not in great shape, it's another story.

BTW, I've seen that color and I love it.
Old 04-07-2003 | 01:53 AM
Bob D.
Racer

You know, I'm liking this color more and more. To me it looks sort of purposeful and elegant at the same time, and it shows the lines of the car really well.

If I wasn't stuck on the notion of a later car I would have invesigated this one further. My $.02 re price is that it is in the ballpark given the pluses (miles, service records, options, etc.) and I'd assume flexibility too.

BTW, I had a 964 with gray interior and never noticed any wear issues--in fact it seemed pretty hardy. Has anybody else experienced premature wear in a gray interior? Inquiring 993 purchasers want to know....;-)
Old 04-07-2003 | 02:19 AM
L23FPorsche
Instructor

williet1342, I think the price is fair but perhaps a little high for Tip. These cars from my research don't bring quite as much as the 6-speed variety. As far as the interior color and wear, I would say that they fair very well. Much better than Black or other dark colors. My car has approximately. 66K miles and looks superb. I have the light grey interior however. Heres a link to some more pictures.
<a href="http://p-car.com/porsche/thomas/" target="_blank">http://p-car.com/porsche/thomas/</a>

Quick Reply: Alright am I playing with fire?