Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 06:35 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Linton
Ladies & Gentlemen:

I'm not selling anything. Nor, frankly, do I want to. Nor have I posted to sell anything at the retail level -- and, equally candidly, venomous comments such as some of those above are one of the reasons why.
Robert - I hope my post is not one of the ones you consider venomous. I was merely inquiring about whether the extra power would be noticeable. I did not mean to impune your efforts in any way and I've always been extemely impressed by the photos of your creations.

Last edited by GrantG; 09-14-2004 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Agro1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Linton
Ladies & Gentlemen:

I'm not selling anything. Nor, frankly, do I want to. Nor have I posted to sell anything at the retail level -- and, equally candidly, venomous comments such as some of those above are one of the reasons why.
Well said, Robert.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:03 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Robert your stuff is pure art, please dont hestitate to post your art or thoughts here on this board.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:24 PM
ApexL8
Burning Brakes

I, for one, am still very curious as to what this "bolt on piece" might be.

Robert, are you attending the Petit Le Mans again this year?

Cheers,
Old 09-14-2004, 08:29 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Just a wild guess that it is a part similar to what ANDIAL sells (or did sell), called a timing block that increased the timing and made a small change in HP. Not much help for the 91 Octane crowd though.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The breadth and diversity of opinions is one of Rennlist's strongest suits. Nothing like dialogue to move an idea forward.

Personally, I love RL's posts and ongoing quest to create the lightest (and arguably prettiest) 993, even if it is impractical for the vast majority of us. The sheer chutzpah of it, and total disregard for cost or time invested, is awe-inspiring. I hope RL is able to make some profit out of this project.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:11 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

Chuck:

I will be at Petit LeMans. I can be found in either the PMNA Truck or in the pit area with the teams.

Greg:

It has nothing to do with the Andial product.

Anir:

The goals and benefits of the Humpty Dumpty project have nothing to do with selling retail parts. In fact, not one single part from the car has been sold to a private owner, nor have I solicited, nor do I intend to solicit anyone for such parts. Indeed, the irony of this thread is I have posted things for two years because I thought some people enjoyed it, not, as some would now suggest, for the clandestine purpose of selling a few, and now some even seem to suggest (without the benefit of any basis in knowledge but with the basest of thoughts), illegitimate, parts to retail customers.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:10 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Robert...

I don't think anyone has suggested your parts are illegitimate, although the elusiveness in your description of this 5hp Gizmo for $500 bucks has certainly peeked the interest of many 993 ers, if not added to the frustration in trying to figure out the mystery behind your part.

IMO, the quest for a better performing car is a constant process. Everyone is looking for the advantage,
especially ones that are not cost prohibitive, which tends to be an oxymoron in the racing world because not many advantages come cheap.

I encourage you to move forward with the development of this performance part and seek approval in its distribution to those interested.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:40 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Robert, if it looks anything like your other pieces, I will buy it as artwork!
Old 09-15-2004, 06:13 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

Again, I will not be selling the part. My role is in development. I am prohibited by obligation from describing it other than to say it works. Indeed, I should not have even suggested a price as that is not my call. A decision as to whether or not to sell it should be made within the next 8 weeks. If the decision is yes, I will be happy to inform you to whom inquiries can be made -- which will not be me. Finally, as to the quality of the part, assuming I continue to be involved in its design, that will be very good, I would not do otherwise.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:19 AM
Christer
Race Car

Can I just say that USD100 per HP is a good price. My point was that I wouldn't just bother with 5HP on its own as you would not notice it...and as many others have pointed out, these parts do not necessarily work in synergy.

I'd rather spend USD30K in one go and get a big increase, rather than worry about this small stuff. Mind you, now that I have done that I would maybe like this 5hp gain AS WELL....
Old 09-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Robert, I am amazed at your CF offerings. The inductions system and coil-overs were over the top. Thanks for sharing.

Dave
Old 09-15-2004, 05:41 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

He he, I hope it's not an electric-powered supercharger! Some guy has been posting forever about these over on Pelican Parts forum, and it's hilarious the hostility that arises when he occasionally makes his pitches and promises of 5 hp.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:44 PM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

guys it is not going to be an electric hair dryer. sheesh give me a break. RL's stuff has not had the mickey mouse logo on it as far as i can tell.

can we all exhibit a little patience and wait and see. i suspect we'll know within the next 2 months.

RL, we are in training to become jedi masters like you. So us padawans need to show patience.

Cheers,
Boris
Old 09-16-2004, 12:39 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Boris Teksler
guys it is not going to be an electric hair dryer. sheesh give me a break. RL's stuff has not had the mickey mouse logo on it as far as i can tell.
I'll second what Boris said above. Robert Lintons components and technologies are real and represent aerospace level engineering and manufacture. Lets wait and see what transpires..

Maybe its a carbon fiber 'cool collar' to clamp on our oil filters
Attached Images  

Last edited by chris walrod; 09-16-2004 at 01:03 AM.

Quick Reply: 5 HP Increase For Type 993