Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaning Motive Products Power Bleeder

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 04:37 PM
Scott B
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]When you switch to the other side you're only bleeding the caliper itself.<hr></blockquote>

Ben,

That is a good point. Do you bleed one side then the other or are you just saying that the first valve opened is going to be bleed the lines while the second valve opened is going to bleed the caliper?
Old 06-25-2002, 05:20 PM
Ben in Plano, TX
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott,

I typically bleed RR, RF, LR, LF and start with the outside screw and then do the inside screw at each corner.

The basic idea is to start out far away from the master cylinder and end up close to it. I do one side at a time so I only have to jack the car once each side.

Read your question again. At each corner you will be bleeding 3 sections of brake system. The brake lines from the master back to that corner (common to both sides of the caliper) and the two sides of the caliper. So the first bleed screw you open at each corner will have a greater volume to flush (caliper plus lines). The volume you need to flush at the other side of the caliper is just the caliper itself so is a considerably smaller volume.

In the back you have fairly large run of brake lines up to the master so the difference between the two sides is very noticeable.

Ben

Quick Reply: Cleaning Motive Products Power Bleeder