Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roock Competition Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004 | 12:09 AM
Ron PCar
Advanced

Default Roock Competition Wheels

I am looking for info, input, and pics on the roock comp wheels. I saw them on one person's 993 and a few boxters. If you have them, how do you feel about the quality, fit, finish, etc? Also, how do they compare in price since they look just like gemballas. Also, can you only buy them from Roock USA?
Old 08-28-2004 | 12:58 AM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

I brought a set recently for my Boxster thanks to another Rennlister who purchased a set. I like them. Good quality, fit and finish. I don't know about durability as I've only had them a month or so. I have Gemballa's on my 993, side by side you can easily see the difference. The Gemballa's have a deeper dish both front and rear, the finish is handled a little differently, a different design to the bolts and stem. The Roocks are made by Ronal and are heavier than the Gemballas but no heavier than my stock turbo look wheels.
The Gemballas cost more and they give you something for the $$. There is a pretty good price difference so you will have to decide if the differences between the two wheels is worth the $$ differences. I think you get a good product for the price. I don't think you will be disappointed. Good luck.
Old 08-28-2004 | 02:40 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I used to have them on a 993 C4, the wheels are very nicely built and solid => a bit on the heavy side.

You can buy them also from Roock in Germany.

Here is a picture of my previous 993.
Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2004 | 02:45 AM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Ron, they are cheaper, heavier and have no US presence if something were to go wrong. However, they do appear to be well made and look good, IMHO. I have them on my turbo and like the look. Fit and finish are nice. I believe the Roock have 4 bolts between spokes whereas the Gemballas have 3 bolts per.
Old 08-28-2004 | 11:22 PM
Ron PCar
Advanced

Thanks for the input, how did you go about ordering them? I could not find them on the roock website. Also, did you have any problem with rubbing. I read on some prior posts that some people have this issue with certain wheel/tire packages.
Old 11-06-2004 | 11:37 AM
rage
Intermediate

I have had the Roock Comps on my Boxster for 2yrs now and love them. They are slightly different in shape from the gembellas. They are very strong wheels. I live up in Edmonton, Alberta Canada and we have a few pot holes and I have not bent a rim yet. I ordered them from Neil Orton when he was at Roock USA. They shipped them to me and everything was fine.

Rage

99 Boxster - Aerokit
01 Audi S4
01 Disco
Old 11-06-2004 | 02:54 PM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Old Guy got a set not too long ago. I'm sure he'll chime in with some buying advice.

Quick Reply: Roock Competition Wheels