Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I have to pay tax on a 993 purchased out of my state?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 06:04 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 728 Likes on 337 Posts

I have a headache....
Old 08-31-2004, 06:08 PM
Radar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
I have a headache....
Then, this might help.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:22 PM
Randy M
Drifting

This might be more appropriate for the thread:
Old 08-31-2004, 06:26 PM
Agro1
Banned

Dude THAT gives me a headache looking at it Friggin MOONSHINE

Still waitin' Dan...
Old 08-31-2004, 06:34 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Ever had everclear margaritas? Woo hoo !!!
Old 08-31-2004, 08:10 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan 96C2 St.Louis
So here's the simple deal, IF you've got the cahoneys.
Originally Posted by Agro1
Why would I want to do something so foolish ?? Then I might loose my ability to **** you off - couldn't have that. ... I have no problem being proven wrong, but I'm not stupid enough to wager a grand on it..
I've never suggested you are "foolish" or "stupid." To the contrary, you seem like a smart guy. Regardless, I'll take your post as a declination. Too bad, I thought my challenge would benefit Rennlist ... on 2 levels.

Yes, Dan's attempt to quash my isolence is very novel ... And for the record - Dan has yet to prove me wrong...Still researching Dan ??
Insolence and poor manners are not positive character traits. And for the "record," my only "attempt" was to clarify your generalization as inaccurate. Task completed. Since you've declined to "buck up," I'm not spending any time doing your research. To be honest, my research was done before I posted my challenge, since I too try not to be foolish or stupid.

I am, however, proud that you've spent time to partially research 2 states rather than resort to name calling. That's a good start exercising appropriate behavior, but still leaves 48 more states. I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but you should be aware that statutory research is just the tip of the iceberg. The real guts of the law is in the cases. Thus, unfortunately, you might have already missed some issues.

BTW, you've never even come close to getting me pissed off. Amused yes, but PO'd, hardly. I spend many of my days dealing with adversaries. Some are very worthy, intellectually challenging opponents. You are not.

People need to learn how to use their ignore list, ...
You're back on mine. See, I sometimes do agree with you.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:12 PM
Agro1
Banned

Originally Posted by Dan 96C2 St.Louis
I've never suggested you are "foolish" or "stupid." To the contrary, you seem like a smart guy. Regardless, I'll take your post as a declination. Too bad, I thought my challenge would benefit Rennlist ... on 2 levels.

Insolence and poor manners are not positive character traits. And for the "record," my only "attempt" was to clarify your generalization as inaccurate. Task completed. Since you've declined to "buck up," I'm not spending any time doing your research. To be honest, my research was done before I posted my challenge, since I too try not to be foolish or stupid.

I am, however, proud that you've spent time to partially research 2 states rather than resort to name calling. That's a good start exercising appropriate behavior, but still leaves 48 more states. I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but you should be aware that statutory research is just the tip of the iceberg. The real guts of the law is in the cases. Thus, unfortunately, you might have already missed some issues.

BTW, you've never even come close to getting me pissed off. Amused yes, but PO'd, hardly. I spend many of my days dealing with adversaries. Some are very worthy, intellectually challenging opponents. You are not.

You're back on mine. See, I sometimes do agree with you.
Dan - you really are a moron. In the time it took you to type that, you could have simply stated the case, or statute, or vehicle code that proves your point - thus proving me wrong and adding to the data base of knowledge on this topic. But you have done neither. What you have done is made it very clear that you have no clue what you're talking about. You "clarified" nothing and your feeble attempt to set the record straight and correct (what you call) an inaccurate statement made by me, is laughable. Your "adversaries" must have fun making you look like an *** - I surely have.
The question remains:
What state will allow a resident (private individual with no special needs/circumstances) to register his/her vehicle in another state and operate it in the state where they reside, indefinitely.
I say no state will allow this, you disagree. What say you ? PROVE ME WRONG.

Last edited by Agro1; 08-31-2004 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:57 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh, this is laughable. Agro engaging in a battle of wits, trying to convince people (or is it just himself?) that Dan is a moron and doesn't have a clue about what he's speaking of. Kid, you're out of your league. But, knock yourself out, all the same.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:47 PM
Agro1
Banned

Randall - if you see a "kid" give him a dollar. I ain't no kid, and this has nothing to do with "wits". I posted a statement, Dan said I was wrong. I politely asked him to prove it, which he has yet to do. You can open you pie hole when Dan has proven me wrong. So unless you have something productive to add to the discussion, I suggest you put a sock in it.

Now, I am perfectly happy being proven wrong, but up until now Dan has done nothing but bluff and ask me to show everyone how thick my wallet is. I could, but I don't use my money the same way most of the self absorbed jerks on this board do. All I ask is Dan back up his word - but like a true coward/lawyer, he cannot. So what does he do ? Put me back on his ignore list.
Well guess what, you can ignore me all you like Dano, and you can hint that there was actually a case that set a precedent on this topic - but what you cannot do is deliver the goods.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:00 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

Blah, blah-blah, blah-blah.

It's beginning to sound like a Peanuts TV special here.

Old 09-01-2004, 12:49 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uhmmm...Haiku time??
Old 09-01-2004, 01:00 AM
Paul M
POACB
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

Agro1
Now, I am perfectly happy being proven wrong, but up until now Dan has done nothing but bluff and ask me to show everyone how thick my wallet is.
But instead, you continue to show how thick you are...
Old 09-01-2004, 01:23 AM
JimBob Jumpback
That's Bubba Guru to you

Fer my gud fren asggrow. Yer erned it, son.

Jimbob Jumpback
Old 09-01-2004, 01:32 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Jimbob, now youin taken 6 pages to gitin involved??!! Youin used to git rite ther in no-lessnen 3 pages to set thangs strait. Are Use takin yur Geritol big fella??
Old 09-01-2004, 01:35 AM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

I never thought I'd say this. Thank god for Jimbob. This post has been beggin for an intervention!

Quick Reply: Do I have to pay tax on a 993 purchased out of my state?