Sponsored by:

is the 993TT worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 01:10 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
From your two posts, it's impossible to know what you want from a Porsche. Someone that enjoys a 968 and a 993 (give or take power to weight etc.) is a versatile driver not necessarily "bonded" with the characteristics of the 911 genre.

Some of what I've read on this thread doesn't tally with my experiences or conclusions in terms of driving dynamics. I do agree with one comment on the rarity of 993 Turbo cars in an umodified state. If you can find a few clean, straight, unmodified Turbo cars and a few wide-body Carreras, try to get a feel for the two.

I suggest finding a few Turbo cars at dealers and get a feel for the car. There's no question, you've never driven a car like it.

But drive also a 993 model Carrera 2S. Maybe you're a 4S kind of driver. But for the C2S, drive a couple of dealer cars. Get a feel for it. Find cars with relatively low miles (under 20K) running stock or euro (M030) suspension with and without ABD/LSD.

Try to put aside any factor other than driving satisfaction -- later, once you know which cars you like, you can factor in "presence" or "resale value" or whatever might colour your decision -- once you've enjoyed a Turbo and a C2S, you'll have an answer on which car is "the one" for you.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:00 AM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Carrera GT,
Why the widebody emphasis?
Old 05-08-2003, 03:59 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The C2S is the closest comparison to the Turbo, plus, the widebody car feels very different to the narrow car -- and not all to the positive, the widebody with ABD/LSD is more "pushy" than the narrow car, has a higher CD, lower top speed and, even with serious camber, doesn't feel as pointy as a 964 or even a narrow 993.

Quick Reply: is the 993TT worth it?