'95 Rear Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 01:02 PM
Buck.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post '95 Rear Spoiler

Does anyone have a picture of the optional fixed rear spoiler for a '95 993? I want to add a fixed wing and have to use the stock/optional spoiler or the SCCA will bump me into a Prepared class from Street Prepared.

Also, any ideas where the best place to buy one would be? Do I have to replace the whole deck lid or can I just replace the standard spoiler?

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2001, 03:21 PM
Hank Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Buck:

Go to www.mashaw.com and check out their photos. There are several rear wings that insert into your stock deck lid, but you have to remove the stock wing and mechanisim. One easier solution might be to buy a new tail and fiberglass deck lid. That way you can just unbolt your stock lid and store it.

Hank
Old 11-13-2001, 01:35 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Cool

Get ye to your Porsche dealer and obtain a Techequipment catalogue for the US sold 993 series. If your dealer doesn't have one, call Pioneer Porsche in San Diego. Lay on some charm and see if you can have them send you a catalogue to determine what was sold in the US by Porsche.

Once you have the catalog and now know the configuration of the Aerokit for the 993 which consists of a front spoiler, ugly side skirts and a rear spoiler with a fixed leading edge. The price for the US kit is ugly as well at well over $3,500. The much more elegant 993 RS Aero kit is available from Gert in Belgium at under $3,000 including freight to the US. On the downside, this was NOT a US kit, and SCCA probably will catch you on it.

You can buy the factory 993 Aerokit from your Porsche dealer (spendy), buy from Gert at CPX parts Express in Belgium, better price and factory parts and no shipping expense (Gert pays the freight), or aftermarket: MA Shaw in Santa Ana or, probably the least expensive, Better Bodies Motorsports in San Diego, CA @714 690 5081. Better Bodies makes really high quality products. I have toured their shop...great stuff and excellent prices. I suspect, but do not know this, that Better Bodies does OEM work for lots of folks.

If you absolutely cannot find the US Techequipment catalogue for the 993, e-mail me privately and I will send you a color photocopy of my 993 Techequipment catalogue.
Also note the US spoiler is a bolt on wing and requires you to remove the factory pop up wing and replace it with the optional fixed wing. You also have to deal with the soiler light being on...I am certain an electrical fix is available in the factory install directions.

Best of luck in this project.

Martin
Old 11-13-2001, 06:31 PM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I called Better Bodies to inquire about a Turbo-S wing. The person answering the phone told me that they changed the part from the factory original in the louver area to avoid a problem with the Factory. This may not be important for your application, but it probably is in mine. Prices seemed pretty good however.

FWIW, he also said that the reason they use a bolt-on wing instead of incorporating it into a decklid is that the gap between fenders varies from car to car, so this eliminates complaints of mold dimensional problems. He claims that the 996s are the first Porsche not to have this variation from car-to-car.

The website is betterbodiesusa.com.
Old 11-16-2001, 08:47 AM
la993 uk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Following on from what Schaht933 said,
you can check out techart online at www.techart.de/prge.htm

Luke,
Black 993 Uk.
Old 11-16-2001, 11:10 AM
Snoops
Advanced