Sponsored by:

condensation in tail

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 09:42 AM
tom97c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post condensation in tail

I have a 97 c4s and I have just noticed a lot on condensation inside the whole tail section. I removed the reflective tail section and was able to dry it out. But how do I prevent this from happening? Does any one know the cause?
Old 11-05-2001, 12:18 PM
GeoC2cab
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
High,
Don't really know a cause, but a possible cure maybe; how about putting the spoiler up manually after driving? (I do it and never found condensation)
Old 11-05-2001, 05:32 PM
tom97c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the response. Has anyone else had this problem before? Or is an isolated proplem that I am experiencing?

Thanks!

Tom
Old 11-05-2001, 05:49 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tom
Don't believe it's a common problem. FWIW, here's what one Rennlister (who never drives in rain!!!!) posted:

Posted By: Allen - '97 993 coupe
Date: posted 4/25/01 at 2:00 p.m.

The previous owner of my car had the entire rear lense replaced because condensation continued to collect in the area you mention. The problem occurred in the replaced lense as well. If you have discolored molding inside the lense, you will have to remove the assembly, then the bulb to gain access to the inside area, the somehow clean out the mold.

Since I was aware of the problem when I bought the car (it had no molding in it at the time), I have done (2) things: 1 - I removed the entire taillight assembly and used silicon to seal any "gapped" areas when water might enter and cause mold. 2 - I have just tried to be careful when washing the car, trying to minimize the amount of water flowing over that portion of the lense. This has worked for me as I have no condensation problem at all...however, I also never drive the car in the rain either.

Quick Reply: condensation in tail