Sponsored by:

Best sticky street tire-Decision time.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 10:09 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
My camber is set at 1.5 front and rear. Toe is left stock and I suspect it needs adjustment as the tires were worn from the outside to the inside. You remember the state my rear P-Zero's were!
So you went through a set in two weekends? You are getting faster! LOL.. Maybe you need to move to the Cups too...The inner wear you have is what negative camber does so its normal I guess. I had totally different type of wear. Remember your instructor said to me that my tires looked like Hoosiers!!! Chunks of rubber melting everywhere...
I bought a set of RS speedlines and I think I will mount 18" Michellin cups on. I'm still debating leaving these rims with stock rubber and using the 17"s for the track, but definately when I get home my car will go back in Mike's shop for some suspension fine tuning. It was pretty scary the way my rears were literally eaten alive in such a short time!
Old 09-13-2002, 10:40 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should probably add that i believe the reason i have more negative camber in the front is because i currently run 205/255 tires. Will be going to 225s in the front soon.

Sooooo, first its RS body panels, and now its RS Speedlines. I know you're up to something...

Speaking of Michelin Cups, do you remember that guy with the blue Lexus that wanted R-tires and you gave him some tire names? Well when i saw him last time at the track i could tell that he had some new Michelins. So I asked him how he liked his new tires. He said he didnt like them at all! I couldnt believe it and so i looked closer at his tires. I think he mistakenly got Michelin Pilot Sports, but not the Sport Cups.

So when are you back on dry land? Thinking about the Drivers Edge event in October? I probably should hold out since there are 3 DE's in November (LSR, MSC, BMW), but you know how that goes.

Quick Reply: Best sticky street tire-Decision time.