Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updating the HWFM Racing Team Roster after Le Mans – Is your name on this list?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 11:22 PM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike...must be some confusion as I am already a member (roster #61 Offical Team Roaster, Barbeque Director). Hope this answers your question. BTW do you have any totals on what was given by the Rennlist community? Also what is the status of posters or whatever?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:50 PM
PBenz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,

Thanks to you and John D. for all your efforts!

I would like to apply for the role of Team Drummer, because, well, it hasn't been taken, and I've been playing practically since birth (just ask my Mom about her kitchen chairs I destroyed with spoons!). I also work very hard on playing very slow grooves!

Speaking of slow grooves, perhaps this composition should be the team song:

Only 636 years left in longest concert

The article states that the piece started off with 1 1/2 years of silence, and there are now 5 notes being played. The next change is due in March 2006, where two notes will be taken away!

Finally, I would like to volunteer to help out with maintaining the HWFMR web site, if needed. If you're interested, send me a PM.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Chris Berendes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by ca993twin

Chris,

When you fax German beer, I believe you need to pay the import duty. But I'm looking forward to it. I believe I was drinking "Weiss Bier" or something close, when I was recently found in a gutter in Munich. Ahhh... fond memories.

Mike,

Inquiring minds want to know: how much did we raise for TRG?
Steve,

no worries about the import duties, we Germans are used to paying taxes
But as I am a real newbi to the team: To whom gets the beer faxed and what is the fax # - just trying to make sure everybody gets a treat of our German beer.
BTW, muich is a nice place to be drinking and then be found in the gutter.

Greetings to all,
Chris
Old 07-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Sorry guys, I am without computer service at home. we tried to enter the 90s and get DSL with frustrating results.

Chris, Mick et al, the above list is for new members only, although a couple existing slipped through -- I will never be an accountant!.

Mac, pedsurg, and akolodesh
there is now room in my PM box.

Rob
I like Kims suggestion, too. Pretty funny.

Alex
Pimp My ride Associate is good, as long as you don't feel compelled to install 20" spinners.

Paul
I appreciate your offer to help with the website. I will do a PM to both you and our webmaster Princeton to work it out.

All

As to what we raised: It was a last minute deal, at a very special rate. While a bargain, it was still a big number. John felt we would get a good response, but it still meant a lot contributing. I guaranteed TRG half the amount, and said that he could have whateever we raised. The response and generousity was phenomonal from all of you. I can say that we raised 40% more (!!!) than the goal, with money left over to fund out commemoratives. Kevin and TRG are deighted. I haven't heard about the posters and TRG gear, though I keep asking. TRG has had a very busy schedule and on the road with ALMS since the Sarthe.

As to the commemoratives. I've called a favor and am 90% sure all contributors with have a poster, but the design and printing will happen as time permits. Hope to have an answer soon.

Also looking into a patch or sticker.

I'll keep everyone informed.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:59 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Mike in Chi

Alex
Pimp My ride Associate is good, as long as you don't feel compelled to install 20" spinners.

Damn, and just as I was ready to put on the 22"s
Old 07-09-2004, 02:00 PM
PSU-993
Advanced

I would also like to thank John and Mike for setting this up. As I haven't jumped off the DE cliff yet (for me there is no slope!), I was of course hesitant to lobby for membership onto this esteemed group of racers. I truly appreciate the opportunity to buy my way onto the team. While I don't have time right now to explain it, I would like to request the title of team 401k advisor. Let's just say that I continue to work for one of the most famous bankrupt companies in the U.S. and that all I have to show for the past 14 years is the 993 parked in my garage. It could be worse!
Old 07-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Jeff

I love that title, and a 401-K is something our team could use. Hmmm Let's you and I consult with the Team Nigerian General and figure out how we can make the most of a 401-K.
(sorry to hear that you've been through the corporate wringer, and I hope HWFMR brings some fun into trying times)
Old 07-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Ben in Plano, TX
Pro

Hey Mike,

Logging in from the 49th Porsche Parade in Ft. Worth.

Is "Team Suspension Upgrade Fanatic" taken? I've had the car for 3 years now and I'm on my 3rd suspension.

1) School bus
2) PSS9 (for those of you who have it and thought that would be the end of the slippery suspension slope - watch out!)
3) Cross/JIC - great for the track but whetting my appetite for a real monster setup!

In fact I'm actually considering get my own alignment setup to keep the suspension change costs down!

Not - er - that I'm trying to be fast at the track or anything

Ben
Old 07-09-2004, 07:42 PM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

Mike

Thanks for all of your (and John D's)work on this. Although the team already has a Team Lunatic it is lacking a Team Maineiac for which I am uniquely qualified. Not only do I have a 993 in a state where there are two seasons, winter and road repair (two weeks in August when the snow clears) but I have a Cabriolet. Not only that but I live in a state whose "at home" racing is in New Hampshire-our home baseball and football teams are two states away, but that is another story.

So, with the humility of a person who lives in a state where the only at home racing is with dog sleds and snowmobiles, I would like to be considered for the position of team Maineiac.

Al Seitel
Old 07-09-2004, 09:22 PM
David '96 993
Pro

Mike,

With all of these incredible and exciting positions quickly filling up, I am beginning to think that my title is a bit boring..."team accountant". Although accounting may be boring for some, some individuals have taken it to a whole new exciting level and have landed themselves in jail.

I do have a more exciting background than merely accounting and it could provide some useful entertainment if our escapades on the track should ever wain...I think that we need a:

TEAM ACROBAT

I was a collegiate gymnast (18 years ago) and most recently (two months ago) did a trapeze act at Club Med (Ixapa). After a few beers the real gymnast in me comes out and I frequently and stupidly will try things that I have not done in 18 years. I proudly crash often and never stick a move. I would be lucky to score a 1, but oh the comedy...and the pain the next day. I can spin both my racing car and my body with the greatest of ease.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

David, Ben, Al and Jeff

New titles noted, and as soon as I can get ahold of Danny and Princeton, we will update.
David, I did like the Team Accountant title, but Team Acrobat does have a certain charm, and may appeal to the Grid girls who hang around the pond. But the choice is yours.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Jan_M
Racer

Mike, thanks again for starting this LeMans adventure and kudos to John D. for the distribution.

All those titles earned by fellow turtles are impressive. You already have a Team great swede, and beeing of both Sweden and France, can I apply for the Team frenchie?
Old 07-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Jan

"Team Frenchie" it is. Just curious, why not "Team Swede"?
Old 07-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

If there is a Team Acrobat, I think it behooves the turtles to include a Team Belly Dancer. Just think of the photo opportunties! I would be willing to host a bellydancing class grid-side with any Grid Girls and significant others. Yes? Yes? Even beer bellydancers could join in. Hmmm, maybe not...
Old 07-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Jan_M
Racer

Mike, the main reason i opted for team frenchie s that "La Marseillaise" is the one that makes me tick when it comes down to it but also for a project I am working on for the HWFM Racing team.

It is a french tradition that involves sterilised empty wine bottles (turtles provide) a corking machine and bottle labels I provide. I will PM you for details and project acceptation.

Quick Reply: Updating the HWFM Racing Team Roster after Le Mans – Is your name on this list?