Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fold down rear seats in 993

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 11:58 AM
jhb
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, with regards to 993 COUPES, they ALL have folding rear seats. They ALL have the shoulder belt attached to the C(?) pillar.

With regards to 993 CABRIOLETS, the US spec car appears to have FIXED seats, with the shoulder belt attached to the center.

It appears the 993 Euro spec Cabs have folding rear seats with lap belts only (at least as an option).

The questions that I have then are:
1. Can the 993 coupe (or Targa) folding rear seat be fit into the cab.

2. Could the 911, or 964 folding rear seats from a cab be fit into a 993 cab?

3. Can the 993 Euro folding rear seat be purchased and fit into a US spec car. Does Gert carry this sort of stuff?

Is sounds like no one has done this, I would be willing to try.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:07 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can post pictures of what the rear seat of my 94 euro spec 993 cab looks like if that helps...I have no idea if it is identical to the US spec coupes.

I am hoping to replace the fixed rear seats in my 98 cab one of these days
Old 09-09-2002, 02:18 PM
jhb
Racer

[quote]Originally posted by David in LA:
<strong>I can post pictures of what the rear seat of my 94 euro spec 993 cab looks like if that helps...I have no idea if it is identical to the US spec coupes.

I am hoping to replace the fixed rear seats in my 98 cab one of these days</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would find a picture helpful. Thanks.

Have you thought about swapping your euro spec fold down rear seats into the US spec car to see if they would fit? If you found they did, then you could just get another set of Euro seats for your other car. Just a thought, don't want to "sign you up" for a lot of work...
Old 09-09-2002, 02:41 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

I just tried uploading the pictures but unfortunately they are too large (1.2mb each). I have a number of them but 1 or 2 should suffice as they are 3.3 megapixels so zooming is not a problem. Since I cannot upload them unless I find a way to reduce the size, I can email them to you if you like. Sorry about that.

W/ regards to trial fitting, unfortunately the cars are in two different cities, so the trial fitting and swapping would be a big hassle...especially as the interiors are not the same color so any swap would have to be undone.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:43 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

There was an earlier post from someone who had bought and intalled a used "delete rear seat kit", which I understand is just a wooden box with carpeting. If that person sees this post and has any interest in copying the box and making a some bucks selling it (w or w/o carpeting) I would be interested in purchasing one.

Alternatively, TechArt makes a box that turn the space into storage bins...has anyone installed this in their cab?
Old 09-09-2002, 03:16 PM
jhb
Racer

I went to look in my PET5 cd for rear seats, but all I could find was a reference to catalog STZ. 18. Anyone know what that is? Are the rear seats listed somewhere in the PET5 CD and I just cannot find them?
Old 09-09-2002, 03:43 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In case it's helpful for anyone, this is what the rear seat delete option looks like in a coupe - not mine. Also, FWIW, I generally leave the seats in my coupe folded as a luggage shelf which creates concealed storage space on the seats for small objects like a camera, etc. Much more useful than as seats.

Old 09-09-2002, 05:00 PM
jhb
Racer

[quote]Originally posted by Dan 96C2 St.Louis:
<strong>Also, FWIW, I generally leave the seats in my coupe folded as a luggage shelf which creates concealed storage space on the seats for small objects like a camera, etc. Much more useful than as seats.</strong><hr></blockquote>]

I did the same with my 86 and miss it, that is why I want to get fold down seats. Also, the hump in the center for the fixed seats makes it really difficult to place golf clubs in the back.

I still need the rear seats occasionaly, so the "delete" option is not really practical

Quick Reply: Fold down rear seats in 993