Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Alignment Shop In Los Angeles – WestEnd in Gardena!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts
Default Best Alignment Shop In Los Angeles – WestEnd in Gardena!!!

I’ve rebuilt several cars and dealt with a lot of shops. This is the first time that I have posted accolades regarding a shop that I have used. But Darin at WestEnd deserves some recognition. A lot of folks on this board already know him and his shop, as this is how I found him. For those of you who don’t, he is an owner operator with many years of experience with P-Cars. Most important, he is very very good at what he does. He is also very honest very reasonable. This is the second time he has worked on my 993 and he has also worked on my 02 Audi S4. Darin just installed Bilsteins HD’s, ROW M030 springs and sway bars. I’ll post later on my impressions of the new suspension set up.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:10 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll second Darin @ Westend. Great work & lots of patience with my endless newbie questions.

Old 07-02-2004, 09:17 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks for the tip for a good shop! They are few and far between these days..

Also refreshing to read a good report of an experience with a shop
Old 07-02-2004, 09:19 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

I am going to see him on Wednesday as a result of a search I did here on the 'List.
Thanks all.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:56 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Highly recommend. Scott, you will be sitting in your car for 3+ hours so Darin can get the corner weights just right. Have fun!
Old 07-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 34 Posts

Darin is a class act and does phenomenal work. The setup that he did on my previous Carrera had an immediate impact on my lap times at the Streets a few years ago.

He's a perfectionist and will only put out quality work. He'll never hand over a car that's not 100% finished. As Addison has already mentioned, when you get your car corner balanced, you'll be sitting there for a while just so he can get the balance just right. The kudos he receives on this board are well deserved.

Best of all, he's a hell of a guy.

Rich
Old 07-03-2004, 02:28 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

I have the new Neal Stephenson book "Quicksilver" so I'm set for as long as it takes. I can't wait to see how the Corsas, the corner balance and the "JimBrady street & track" alignment specs turn out.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:00 PM
mdr
Intermediate

I had my car changed to PSS9, aligned and balanced couple months ago. Darin was very precise, and asked me several times to check the height and feel of the ride. It was good to see the person you are talking is the actual person doing the work, and willing to take the extra time to make sure the final set up is to customer satisfaction.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:38 AM
jkuniverse
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I totally agree about the Westend Alignment. I just got my alignment done today and the car feels just perfect. I think Darin is a perfectionist because no matter how long it takes, he's not done until it's perfect! Thanks to all the Rennlist members who recommended him, otherwise I would've never found out about the place.

Last edited by jkuniverse; 09-02-2004 at 02:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Best Alignment Shop In Los Angeles – WestEnd in Gardena!!!