993 Forum 1995-1998

DE at PIR

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 12:28 PM
FastMaz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DE at PIR

Sunday, the Alfa, BMW and Porsche Clubs hosted a Driver Education day at Portland International Raceway. It was a sunny day with scatted clouds, a light breeze, and temperatures in the low 80's. Even after hosting CART the previous weekend, the PIR was clean, dry and fast. Usually, the CART cars leave lots of tire *****.

There were 110 -110 cars of all makes; from a Chevrolet Malibu to a Porsche Carrera GT! Drivers as well ranged in skill from newbies to PCA and Spec racers. The participants were split into 3 groups.

I instructed in the Novice group and ran in the advanced group. Sessions were 15 minutes, which seemed short, but because of the heat (this is Portland afterall) were the right length.

I ran in about the middle of the advanced group. You should have heard the CGT whine as he passed me down the straighaways!

All in all it was a great day, 2 offtrack excursions (not me!) and everyone went home intact.

Fun or What?
Old 06-28-2004, 02:01 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Glad to hear you had fun..

It was really hot last week, 90's!!

I did a few laps in the rental car last weekend while there for the CART race. PIR is a narrow track. Much like Montreal, much less room than it appears on TV..

Quick Reply: DE at PIR