Sponsored by:

Spoiler disconnect switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 07:46 AM
Blizzard
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoiler disconnect switch

I did the mode on the oil cooler fan switch a fewwweeks ago. I used the 944 switch and it works great. Mine is black.

This week I decided to install a switch to disable the spoiler motor. The spoiler module is located under the dash just to the left of the glove box. You can recognize it by the strange bracket held in place by only one screw. I cut the wire at pin 3 which is black/green.

Now I can place the spoiler in any position and it stays there all the time. If it is not left in the full up position the spoiler warning light comes on at speed. I like this because it reminds me that I the automatic system has been disabled. If left in the full up position, no warning. light. Flip the switch and the spoiler operates normally. Definitely will save wear & tear on the spoiler motor and damn.

I needed a place for the spoiler switch because I had used the blank for the oil cooler switch. In looking thru my owners manual I noticed that there is picture of a switch for a w/w on a Targa located next to the emergency brake. So I decided to mount my switch there. I used a 1986 911 headlight washer switch which looks very much like the switch shown in the manual. This switch is spring loaded, so I had to pry the rocker up a bit and remove the spring to allow it to stay fixed in either on or off position. I installed the switch by removing the black plastic section surrounding the emergency brake and cutting a hole. I used some silicone sealer applied around it from the underside to hold it in place because the clip on the switch is made for attachment to a thinner material than the plastic. Lastly, I stuck a red dot on the switch which both marks the "on" side of the switch and covers the headlight washer symbol.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Blizzard; 06-28-2004 at 10:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Spoiler disconnect switch