Sponsored by:

convert to OEM HID

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 11:54 AM
ArenaRed993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID with separate ballasts and igniters

Check this out guys, Janet at Autolamps Online (autolamps-online@autolamps-online.com) tells me they also offer a Panasonic system with a separate igniter and ballast for use where it is not possible to find a suitable mounting location for the Philips ballast near the headlamps (like in a 993...... ), or when the headlamps are attached to and open with the hood, or motorcycles, etc. The ballast can be mounted up to 10 ft. from the igniter. They can make the lead from the igniter to the ballast a specified length, or leave the wires as they come from the factory and include lengths of wire, connectors, and heat shrink so we can do the job ourselves to suit. The second option is what I plan to do. Surprisingly, she said they have never heard before that this was a problem for 993's, so they had not offered it in their application guide......

To address my issue re: converting the Philips H1 system I purchased from them to the separate igniter/ballast system, she has offered (2) Panasonic ballasts, (2) Philips 4100K H3 HID lamps with a set of wiring harnesses, relays, etc. for $445 including shipping from GB. I will use the H3 bulbs with the existing Philips ballasts in my fog lamps. I may also ask about a rebate on the wiring harness/relays as I already have an unused set from the Philips system since Porsche uses a fully relayed system. And maybe some credit for R&D

Link to pic of the system: http://www.hid-online.com/hidonline/...lasts_bike.htm

Though you might like to know.
Bill

Quick Reply: convert to OEM HID