Sponsored by:

Road America DE July 12,13

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004 | 04:24 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Road America DE July 12,13

Nord Stern is holding their annual Road America DE on Monday and Tuesday, July 12 and 13. It's always a fun event with endless amounts of track time. Come and join us. We'll drive all day and tell turtle stories all night. PM me or check out www.nordstern.org for registration info.
Jim
Old 06-16-2004 | 05:18 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I wish I could! ...if only I could get Mon and Tues off work
Old 06-16-2004 | 05:26 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

No problem. I'll write you a note!
Old 06-16-2004 | 05:43 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by JimB
No problem. I'll write you a note!
LOL.. I can see it now.. Dear Employer, Chris was suffering Withdrawel symptoms... away from the racetrack too long so she had to miss 2 days of work
Old 06-16-2004 | 05:47 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Hey Jim!
Cant make the DE but I am toying with the idea of your club race. Trying to work out the details with Eurosport.
How is the race car doing?? Looks like C class is getting a little thin around here. Hope your coming to RA.
I will let you know off line about Aug.

BTW, the S2 is more fun than I can believe. Cant wait to mix it up with the F guys, but will miss you blowing by me in C!
Old 06-16-2004 | 06:16 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Eric,
It's good to hear from you. Hopefully I'll see you at Gingerman on the 4th and again at Brainerd. I drove from Kohler WI (near RA) to Brainerd pulling my trailer the other day. If Eurosport doesn't work out you should come anyway. It's a pretty easy trip and we buy extra beer for our Chicago friends.

The car is working pretty well. I raced it for the first time at Mid-America and was pretty happy with it. Now if I could just find someone to drive it.

See you soon,
Jim

P.S. I could write you a note for RA as well. It would go something like: Last fall at Road America Eric had a very traumatic experience that may well be effecting his overall mental health and job performance to this day. On Monday, July 12 and Tuesday, July 13th we will be returning Eric to the scene of the event to recreate the moments that led up to his greatest moment (passing 15 cars at once) and his greatest defeat (doing it under yellow). It is our opinion that this therapy followed by large amounts of beer and ridicule will return Eric to his previously tolerated job performance. Please excuse his absence. Dr. Jim
Old 06-16-2004 | 06:56 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Great note Jim, I will send it to my boss. I am sure he will understand!
Going to miss Gingerman club race, taking the wife to Napa for the 4th.
What were you doing in Wi? checking out a car at Kelly Moss perhaps???
I will let you know about Brainerd, I am racing with NASA this season so I am trying to shuffle my schedule to make it fit.

Glad to hear your car is working again!!
Old 06-16-2004 | 07:18 PM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

we will be returning Eric to the scene of the event to recreate the moments that led up to his greatest moment (passing 15 cars at once) and his greatest defeat (doing it under yellow).
Sorry E. That still makes me laugh.....
Old 06-17-2004 | 12:59 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Eric,
I was in Kohler for a work meeting but the only way I could get there in time was to drive straight from Mid-America pulling my race trailer. Sorry we won't see you at Gingerman but I'll plan on dinner at brainerd. BTW, S2s rule turn 2 at BIR. They are AutoEdge's specialty so you'll see a lot of them in MN.

Jeff,
I suppose it's time to let it go.

I hearby pledge to stopping kidding Eric regarding the RA yellow/checkered incident. This pledge does not extend to future Eric incidents.
Jim

Quick Reply: Road America DE July 12,13