Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

and finally...
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2004, 02:19 AM
mschafer71
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car and narrative, plus a good trip to start out your ownership with!
Old 06-22-2004, 06:25 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well done.

These Porkers like it at high speeds. Like you, I do not crowd the "sunday drivers" in the fast lane. But In Europe, if you are not passing, you get to the right lane. Makes for quick rides too.

Beauty of a car
Old 06-22-2004, 06:27 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The previous post was the first with my new avatar piccy.

This is the REAL Monique: one eyed (lost to glaucoma), old (15 year old) American Cocker Spaniel.

Nicest dog I ever owned. On level with the Porker.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:48 AM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

Congratulations on the car and the wonderful experience getting back to the Lone Star (I'm a Texas Ex)

Not to sound like a griper, but I had a totally different experience with The Collection. They did a totally incompetent PPI on my car (this is supported by one mechanic at the Falmouth Maine porsche dealer and one independant Porsche mechanic who taught for PCNA in Atlanta and knows his stuff.) They didn't spot many issues with the engine, botched a repair of the cables for the top, ruined (and left a broken part on the passenger footwell) the upper front molding when doing the aforementioned Cab work, and, just discovered last week, did not install the belts I asked them to put in properly. Overtightening caused the alternator bearings to fail-causing me last weeks engine experience. I guess it could have been worse and the alternator could have seized or the bearing could have not been in an easily accessible place.

Anyway, I would not trust them at all-they really showed a lack of knowledge and workmanship.

Rant Mode Off-enjoy you lovely 993

Al
Old 06-22-2004, 10:06 AM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jastx -

Congrats - Great choice of colors! If only more Glacier White cars made Dallas summers cooler.

Hope to see you and your car at a Maverick event soon.

Best wishes
Old 06-22-2004, 10:46 AM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

993 Maineiac -- man, that's a scary story about the Collection. They did a leakdown test on my car which is fairly intrusive. Hope they did everything right.

Well, fortunately the salesperson who sold the car new at Champion (Pompano Beach, FL) in November 1997 is still there. Prior to the owner from whom I bought it (owned about a year and never drove it), it spent its life maintained at Champion. It didn't get driven a whole lot so maintenance was basically oil changes every year and a 15k service at 7500 miles in 2002. Now at 14,300 after my trip home it will get another 15k Saturday at the shop of a highly recommended independent.

Nice color cab. Slate gray is my favorite color but I figured I didn't stand a chance of finding one. White is up there too so it worked out.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:51 AM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

Thanks John. I do believe that the PO(s) of our cars have more to do with their condition-my experience with The Collection was all long distance so not personnal and I have really gotten to start to really know the car. I got a fantastic deal and now I know why. I'm sure yours will be fantastic. You've got to take it over to East Texas and some of the roads through the pinney woods or up toward the Arbuckle region of OK hills.

But I know that there are enough listers in the DFW area with ideas to keep you busy.

Have fun.

Al

Quick Reply: C4S makes it home to Plano