Sponsored by:

guru help needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 12:25 AM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question guru help needed

I posted this on the 964 board but I know one of you guys might have my anwser also:

Guys, I finally have the SoK blower motor in my '90 & it's running great BUT I need some idle setting advice. As backround, here's what I have so far. This is a Superchargers of Knoxville motor running at 8 psi with a full width intercooler. I am using the EFI engine management system piggy backed off a custom chipped DME. I have currently got the idle set at 1000 with the Idle Air Valve(IAV) set at the 98% level (quickest reacting) setting through the EFI programmer. I have the throttle plate set completely closed & am relying on the IAV bypass for all idle functions. This seems to work well with the exception of cold idle for the first couple of minutes which is non existent. OK, here's the question, the new Panorama has an article about the early Motronic systems & it sounds very similar to the 964 configuration as far as idle components are concerned. It's says to bypass the IAV & set your initial idle with the throttle plate if I am reading it right. Am I better off using that method & utilizing the IAV only for idle offset in cold start & A/C use situations or do I have it set correctly now with the throttle plate completely closed at idle & relying on the IAV for all idle air flow? Sorry for the lengthy message. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Jay,

Give a call to the shop -913.310.9927- and run this past Stephen...

Glad to help, and might have a thought or two for you.

Quick Reply: guru help needed