Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OFF Topic: 993 and Shelby Cobra?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 12:21 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for reviving this post, but I do have some questions to anyone who may know something about cobras. My knowledge about these cars are VERY limited. I've always loved these cars, but the porches a lot more, and ended up buying my first porsche, a 03 C4S, and totally in love with it.
I saw another cobra being test driven in columbus yesterday and was totally mesmerized by it's awesome power, and saw this thread and was visiting some of the links, and was intrigued by the cobras for sale at club cobra.
My question is, there are several cobras for $30k, does this mean that they are of inferior quality. One example is a 03 shell valley with 540 miles for $26.5k and a 427 cobra with 3,000 miles for $37k, and also none of the for sale threads seem to have any offers. are sales in a slump. Don't these prices sound good. Also, I am nervous about cobras after reading the article in one of last month's car mags. that ran a comparision test with the lotus elise, honda s2000, miata, caterhams, and a cobra. Cobra ended at the bottom for the sloppy steering feel, I know these are kit car's and will never have the precision steering of a porsche, but are they dangerously build. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jeeva
Old 06-13-2004, 10:22 PM
philghill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 44 Posts

Jeeva--Do yourself a favor and start researching on clubcobra.com It's like this forum but strictly for Cobras and replica Cobras. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with ERA (and Superformance seems good too)--although they are more expensive. But used ones are obviously more affordable. There are probably other manufacturers that are fine, but I was always turned off by the cheapies--primarily because they LOOKED like crap. ERAs in my opinion look the most "original" and were very well constructed (solid)--even though the originals were all a bit different as they were hand made aluminum. Clubcobra.com will be a big help... I warn you though, it's addictive, like this site.

Quick Reply: OFF Topic: 993 and Shelby Cobra?