Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 06:13 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Glad to hear it is fixed now.

Now you are the designated p-car power seat answer man

The braided steel shaft gets torn at the ends easily, in other words the braids would fall apart and would not hold the square peg drive needed to drive the gears. I had both of my passenger and drivers side drive shaft replaced already. And they were all results of torn drive shaft.

Thanks for the update
Old 08-12-2001, 11:57 PM
Ben in Plano, TX
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roger that on the braided steel shafts, Robin.

My first p-car repair was to the fore/aft movement on the driver's seat. I crawled under the seat front and pulled the cable - it was shredded... now I know this is commonplace.

It failed the one day my wife takes the car - and she felt horrible because I had it for 2 weeks at that time. So I was under the gun to fix it fast.

Fortunately I figured out that the cable was bad and our local dealership stocked them. Bought the cable and came home a hero - until I installed it and immediately stripped the new cable!!!

Turns out I 'fixed' the bad cable problem by using a short piece of SS wire to pull the cable back towards the back of the seat. This extra tension was enough to hold the now deformed peg in place and operate the seat.

Good news is I didn't have to dissapoint the wife with failed repair OR visit the parts department at the dealership a second time with my tail tucked.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:06 AM
Mark '98 Targa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since Robin's site is down at the moment, can anyone send to me or post the DIY for these cables? Thanks, Mark

Quick Reply: 97 C2S Power Seat Cable Part Number