SUPERCHARGED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2001, 01:07 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts
Thumbs up SUPERCHARGED!

This months Excellence has a reveiw on Mike Levitas Supercharged 993. The article indicates that the supercharging kit will be available for about $6-7K.

Unfortunately, the article says nothing about how or where to contact Mike Levitas to purchase one of these Supercharging Kits. Anybody out there know Mike Levitas and how to contact him?

I want to me the first kid on my block to have a confirmed kill on the Corvette ZO6 in my 96' 993!
Old 07-07-2001, 03:57 PM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read the article and was wondering the same thing as you. I did notice on the licence plate bracket in the photo on page 72 of the article the phone number that looks like 410.799.RACE for the Turbo Performance Center. I'm not quite clear on the area code of the number, but I think it is 410. I called the number, but no one picked up, but it is Saturday afternoon. Hope that helps.
Old 07-07-2001, 05:05 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

TPC advertises in Excellence, page 87 of the most recent issue.

1-410-799-7223
www.turboperformance.com
Old 07-07-2001, 09:31 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

WOW! Nice little video there on the web site.

Thanks Randall, (with your help)I found the supercharger info at Supercharger info at this web site (click here).
Old 07-08-2001, 01:57 PM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just as an FYI, make sure you ask either Mike or Matt when the digital (closed loop) black box will ready for shipping. Right now the system is utilizing an analog box. I was there a few weeks ago and Matt mentioned something about the end of the summer.
Old 07-08-2001, 03:58 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Question

Digital closed loop black box?

Should I ask, or will I be bleeding ignorance if I let you cut into my brain housing group?
Old 07-08-2001, 04:12 PM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Pat,

I believe that the digital box prevents any tampering by DIY mechanics, whereas, the present analog unit can be "adjusted." I didn't understand all the technical jargon that Matt threw at me. I will check back with them in August to see what the status is. I think its better to let any bugs get worked out than it is to be the first to test the system on your own pride and joy.
Also, another FYI, you can request for an extra $100 to have the Eaton blower ported/polished (extrude hone) to bump power by 10hp from the factory.
Old 07-08-2001, 07:30 PM
Chris in Detroit
Instructor

Cool

OK - Read the Magazine Article, I'm pretty intrigued ........

I know this has been covered under various guises before - but can someone knowledgeable (Steve are you there ?) comment on the durability and likely longevity of such a kit.

In particular, what are the implications for a car used MOSTLY for track events ?

For example, I didn't see anything about extra oil cooler - but I'd imagine extra horsies = extra heat to get rid of. Can the stock oil cooler handle an extra 100hp worth of heat generation ?

TIA
Old 07-09-2001, 06:15 PM
David T.
Advanced

Originally posted by Chris in Detroit:
<STRONG>...can someone knowledgeable (Steve are you there ?) comment on the durability and likely longevity of such a kit.</STRONG>
Steve may have already answered your question here:

Question to Steve Weiner and others...

Originally posted by Chris in Detroit:
<STRONG>For example, I didn't see anything about extra oil cooler - but I'd imagine extra horsies = extra heat to get rid of. Can the stock oil cooler handle an extra 100hp worth of heat generation ?</STRONG>
I would say extra oil cooler is absolutely necessary especially if you plan to track the car. From my experience stock unit is barely enough for reasonably modified 993 N/A on our hot NorCal race tracks.
Old 07-09-2001, 06:20 PM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Question

How will Stage II with an intercooler affect longevity of the engine? I believe that is what Mike is planning to do next.
Old 07-09-2001, 06:27 PM
Chris in Detroit
Instructor

Thanks David - for some reason I couldn't find the thread.

I think the overall conclusion was that if you were going for street car, with occasional power bursts, maybe you'd be OK, but a supercharged track car without very exyensive and expensive mods would quickly turn into a hand grenade ........

No such thing as a free lunch

Quick Reply: SUPERCHARGED!