Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most Porsche friendly citys?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004 | 12:00 PM
p_carfan
Burning Brakes

Lightbulb Most Porsche friendly citys?

Just curious....Consider best dealerships, independent shops, clubs, activitys, number of cars, roads.......ect. .

Old 05-30-2004 | 12:53 PM
Feehliks
Instructor

Stuttgart, what else?

Felix
Old 05-30-2004 | 01:07 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

I would say that wherever Viperbob is... that's a good city. Perhaps Kansas City (home of Stephen and Imagine Auto). There are also a significant number of great shops in Orange County and Southern LA county. Here in Moorpark? Well... there's Pep Boys.
Old 05-30-2004 | 02:23 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Steve!

At least you've got a Pep Boys. All we have here is Billy Bob and Bubba's Shamrock on the corner of Main and Grand!!!!

Sometimes we really miss Southern California where there seemed to be a Porsche dealership every 5 miles and an Independent Mechanic on every corner!

JoAnne
Old 05-30-2004 | 02:50 PM
kary993
Drifting

I would have to say that San Diego PCA is a great club with many events for all types of Porsche people. Check out the web site www.pcasdr.org for schedule of events. I considered moving for a job late last year and decided to remain in San Diego. One of the factors was the Porsche club activity (the weather here was a factor as well ;-) ).
Old 05-30-2004 | 03:25 PM
Seljan
Pro

Madison is actually pretty good for a medium size city.The dealership is fair and professional.We have Kelly-Moss Motor sports here and are close enough to Milwaukee and Chicago which both are great cities with a solid P-car following.
Old 05-30-2004 | 03:35 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm currently in a city of about 3 million people with, allegedly, a total of 3 911s, but I have not seen any yet. The terrain on the right bank of the river is all hills, roads are blah, but not worse than Boston's, the rule of "whoever has the most expensive/unusual/large car has the right of way", the speeding fines are just under $2 _if_ they catch you. I'm driving an '89 Chevy Caprice with 7 working cylinders, non-shifting transmission, no exhaust and now intermittent brakes. Today I saw an Aston Martin, new Elise and the never-ending lines of MBs.
God, I miss my Cab. But I must admit that aforementioned Caprice probably has more "right of way" panache here.
Old 05-30-2004 | 03:50 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Portsmouth, NH, featuring the rennlist.com world headquarters.
Old 05-30-2004 | 04:11 PM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Southern CA, Porsches everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE. I hear Florida is also good.
Old 05-30-2004 | 04:41 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thumbs up Montana

On their MONTANAbahn/Autobahn , I-94, where there's no speed limit.
Old 05-30-2004 | 05:48 PM
SLVR
Pro

Frankfurt, this place is motor city and on a nice day people come out and show it off! Today saw a major pack of Porsche in the Rhine valley and quite number of other performance cars. Then there classics, 356s and even a beatifully restored 50s checvy pick-up. I know Germany is full of nice machinery but the density here is great. I should try sitting along rt 8 or 455 and just shoot some photos of stuff going by... I remember from short visits that Munich is also a major contender, probably the BMW effect.
Old 05-31-2004 | 12:22 AM
lexpilot
Racer

Default Bend, Oregon

The local dealer, Carrera Motors claims we have more Porsches per capita of anybody in the USA. I am skeptical. We do have 75 members in our local PCA, of which half are active. High Desert Region has 30 activities on their annual calendar. Our Past President is the new Zone 6 PCA rep. Go out of town toward the Cascade Mountains and there's plenty of Porsche roads within 5 miles of town. Go East toward Burns, OR and there is no morning traffic, straight 2 lane highway, for 100 miles. All this in a town of 56,000 which is the largest city within 135 miles.
Also the home of $2.47 per gallon 91 Octane.
Old 05-31-2004 | 01:30 AM
Mike in O.C.
Instructor

Orange County, CA, of course.
Old 05-31-2004 | 08:59 AM
leeham
Addict
Rennlist Member

Aiken, SC is great. (I can almost hear y'all laughing.)

My daily commute consists of making a left turn out of the neighborhood onto a country road, passing several horse farms (we don't call them ranches) and then driving "with the pack" to work with 12,000 other folks going to exactly the same place. It's not stressful and it's not stop-and-go. This is why I can use the Porsche as a daily driver and still have it look good enough to compete in shows.

Aiken is an "old money" town so there are lots of amenities not present in the typical mid-size town. We have the second largest inner city park in the US, but it's not full of joggers and skateboarders - it's full of horses. We have no Porsche dealer, but we have one of the best mechanics in the US. His resume includes leading the restoration on the Donahue 917 Can Am car. Gas here is $2.07 for premium, though property taxes on automobiles are definitely on the high side. Insurance is low and so is crime. I've not heard of anyone around here coming back to their Porsche and finding the wheels, stereo and even the headlights missing. There are a few Porsches around here, but they are not so common as to be unnoticeable.

Perhaps most important is the fact that I simply could not afford to own a 993 in many other regions of the country.

LeeH

1996 C2 (Still for sale)
1996 Targa
Old 05-31-2004 | 06:03 PM
p73rs
Intermediate

I would say the Seattle area. The average temp is not very high in the summer time, so it is good for the engine. It rains in the winter time, but there is no road salt to melt the snow. If you can deal with the rain, it is good. The gasoline seems to be OK.

There are many great Porsche shops/dealers. I like the PCA/PNWR there, too.

Well, I am originaly from there. I may be little bit biased. But, I think the Seattle area is good for Porsche (in the U.S.) in my experience.

H.S.

95 993 C2
Polar Silver/Black

Quick Reply: Most Porsche friendly citys?