993 Forum 1995-1998

PowerFlow Kit Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2001, 01:01 AM
Doug in NoCA
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post PowerFlow Kit Opinions?

Does anyone have experience with the PowerFlow air filter kit advertised in the Performance Products catalog? How was the quality and did you experience a noticeable difference in performance? Thanks!
Old 07-03-2001, 01:31 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally posted by Doug in NoCA:
<STRONG>Does anyone have experience with the PowerFlow air filter kit advertised in the Performance Products catalog? How was the quality and did you experience a noticeable difference in performance? Thanks!</STRONG>
"Brother" Doug:

You might have cracked open Pandora's Box with this subject but I'll just offer some advice, if I may.

Save your money for something worthwhile.

If you want more power, get a good chip.

If you want more noise nad slightly better intake airflow, then add, 5-6 1.5" holes to your existing air cleaner cover.

IMHO, don't waste your hard-earned $$$ with an aftermarket airbox like the Powerflow.

I hope this helps,........
Old 07-03-2001, 04:03 PM
Rick in Portland
Addict
Rennlist Member

I agree with Steve...

I had one on a 1996 C4S, and although it sounded great, it was a waste of $$$. There is NO performance improvements over a drilled airbox.

Rick
Old 07-03-2001, 10:39 PM
993Widebody
Racer

Thumbs down

I have had mine installed for over a year now. It definitely loses power on the 996s. I don't know what the consensus is for the 993s, however I had my car on a dyno after installing the powerflow and the fabspeed exhaust. I got an extra 5hp. Maybe I would have got more if I only put on the exhaust.

I have been meaning to take it off and use the drilled air-box technique for comparison, however I have been too busy/lazy to do that 1-2 hr. project.

In terms of sound, it really does sound great. Overall though, definitely not worth the $$$.
Old 07-04-2001, 05:40 PM
Doug in NoCA
2nd Gear

Cool

Thanks all! Most helpful!

Doug

Quick Reply: PowerFlow Kit Opinions?