Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargraphic oil cooler group buy and fitment...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 08:17 AM
TrackJunke
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Cargraphic oil cooler group buy and fitment...

I am considering getting this oil cooler, however, I am concerned about the fit. Mark in Baltimore posted that he could not get it to properly fit underneath his bumper cover. This has been the only post regarding this. I just want to know if everyone with a stock narrowbody bumper (no splitters) has fit this under their bumper or not? Thanks.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:45 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey TrackJunke..!

Feel free to pop your question into this thread, as Kary is doing a Group buy on the Cargraphic...

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=136373

Best to you!

John
Old 05-27-2004, 12:14 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 112 Posts

Having recently installed a Cargraphics Oil cooler, I'd say it is very tight with the stock bumper, and because there are variations between cars, it might or might not fit with yours. When we removed the stock bumper area by the AC condenser, it was sobering to see what abuse the stock bumper had taken. I'm between ROW sport and RS height, and it was pretty scraped up. With a larger oil cooler just below the skin, it is a legitimate area of concern. The new splitter will give you more room, but increases the cost of the cooler. The cooler is a significant upgrade, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but it is expensive when done right.
Hope this helps.

Chuck
Old 05-27-2004, 12:28 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used 3 different bumper covers now with my Cargraphic unit, and have not had any issues like Mark did with it sticking down too far.

The only potential issue was using the bracket provided on the front aluminum bumper. This did make fitting the cover quite difficult. In the end, I just tie wrapped the lines to the bumper and everything worked fine.

Quick Reply: Cargraphic oil cooler group buy and fitment...