Sponsored by:

GROUP BUY: Oil Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 12:01 AM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GROUP BUY: Oil Cooler

With all the discussion lately about oil temperatures and some queries from fellow Rennlist members, I am offering a group buy for the Cargraphic Auxiliary oil cooler for a 993. Let me state that I am a Rennlist Sponsor and have been given permission by John D. to go ahead with this group buy. I am the owner of Group 9 Motorsports which will be handling the group buy of these oil coolers.

Previously I (Group 9 Motorsports) did a Rennlist Oil Cooler group buy where there were multiple prices depending upon participation levels. This time I will not do this and will offer a single price. The per unit price will be $1677.70 (Cash, 3% more for credit) which includes shipping to your location. No other costs are involved. Unfortunately the Euro and the increase in Cargraphic prices have driven the discounted price up more than I would like as compared to the previous group buy, but this is still an excellent price for a quality oil cooler that works very well.

The Cargraphic Auxiliary oil cooler is the full size oil cooler that you currently have on the passenger side of your 993's. This unit is installed next to the Air Conditioning condensor on the drivers side allowing both to reside on the car without issue. There have been discussions lately about the performance of both the oil cooling and the AC performance. I encourage you to read those threads using the following search words "Cargraphic" and "Oil Cooler". These will yield discussions about this oil cooler and alternative solutions that are less optimal as I or someone I know have already tried them already and have taken them off.

Of course the effectiveness of the solution depends greatly upon your needs. If you track your car this cooler is certainly useful and in my opinion a must. For those in hotter climates and that track your cars occasionally I would recommend it for the longevity of your engine. The AC reduction was not noticeable to me in 92 degree weather, but it is slightly less without the additional oil cooler. For others that just do street duty and auto-x I would not recommend this as you can benefit from a oil cooler fan switch. For those that want to keep their 993 motors cool for what ever you do with them I recommend this solution.

Please send me an e-mail to info@group9motorsports.com confirming your participation and mail in a check for the cash ($1677.70) or credit card ($1728.03) amount. Please specify the year and model of your 993 (i.e. C2S, twin turbo, C4, etc). If you prefer credit card please call me at (760) 917-4432 to provide credit card information. I will not charge your card or cash your check until I have placed the order for the oil cooler. I will keep you informed of the status via e-mail or you are free to call me anytime. I will have a better idea of delivery times once I know how many are to be ordered and how many are currently in stock at Cargraphic at that time.

Thanks for your time reading this!
Old 06-01-2004, 02:25 AM
kary993
Drifting

Thanks for the response so far!

In order to get moving on placing the order I am going to close this group buy this Friday (6/4/2004). So please contact me as outlined above before then if you are interested.

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2004, 04:57 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You DO know that the 993 already came with an oilcooler right...?
Old 06-02-2004, 12:10 PM
kary993
Drifting

Christer,
Yes, and for harder use it is not adequate to cool the car. Please check out previous threads about oil temperature being too high in this forum.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Can we still order tomorow n 6/4?
Old 06-03-2004, 09:08 PM
kary993
Drifting

Yes, up until Friday at midnight is fine. I was going to gather all the orders and take account of the checks sent and place the order on Monday. Please get me your check ASAP though.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:53 PM
kary993
Drifting

Ok, the group buy is closed. Thanks for all those that joined in!

Quick Reply: GROUP BUY: Oil Cooler