993 Forum 1995-1998

Accordian oil filler tube..

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 08:32 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, that is news to me. Thanks Mark, Max. My PO must have removed it.
I will order one today - this funny car has more than its share of suprises.
Tonight I may just RTFM again.

Dave
Old 05-26-2004, 08:49 AM
Evan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you remove it? Mine is there and intact. I never really looked to see how to remove it. I just pull it out like Max's pic shows and put the funnel to the accordion and fill. But with the issue of it disintegrating I now think removing it may be the best way to go.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:49 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

I suspect it will disintegrate quicker if it is pulled out too far too often. I think it's a brilliant feature! More to the point living in London with no garage etc. I'd have nowhere to put the dirty oily funnel!
Old 05-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Nol, 95 993 C4
Racer

Don't forget summer temps are well inthe 40's here, so desintegration will be quicker. I also like the feature and after removing the old one and having the oil tank cleaned I have replaced it with a new one.

I do inspect it regularly for signs of trouble. Quite simply you can inspect for all things you "expect" or anticipate so there's no need to go without imho.

Enjoy

Nol
Old 05-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally posted by Roygarth
I suspect it will disintegrate quicker if it is pulled out too far too often. I think it's a brilliant feature! More to the point living in London with no garage etc. I'd have nowhere to put the dirty oily funnel!

Roygarth,

Find a filler spout with tube that fits your plastic oil bottle as I suggested above. When finished topping up the oil, insert the plug in the tube end, twist the locking cap to the closed position, remove from oil bottle, insert paper towel in the cap end, and seal the spout in a zip lock plastic bag. You can carry this in your trunk with no mess, no fuss. I just wish I'd found one of these when I got my first 911 in '93. You should be able to find it at any out parts store that sells oil in the plastic bottle. Sorry I don't have a picture, but when you see one in the store, it will be obvious.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: Accordian oil filler tube..