Willhoit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 12:43 AM
NTI 911E
Old School
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Willhoit?

I searched but can't find anything conclusive on this company. Looking at this car: http://www.willhoitenterprises.com/car87.htm

Thoughts? Is Willhoit to be trusted?
Old 05-23-2004, 01:38 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

From what I remember he buys low and turns them around
for a 15K-20K profit. hes a dealer palin and simple.
This one looks like a consignment.
Old 05-23-2004, 02:17 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with OG, looks like a consignment.

I've heard positive and negative things about Willhoit over several posts here. When there's a low mileage Porsche on Ebay, he always a bidder.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:58 AM
Jeff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd steer clear of any dealer -- pay too much and most often, end up working with someone who knows little or nothing about our cars and has his or her eye on one thing -- commission. Which is fine, that's the business but why do that when there are plenty of private owners you can work with?
Old 05-23-2004, 02:18 PM
LAURIER
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have known Michael Willhoit for about 7 years and purchased 2 cars from him (no affiliation). He is very reputable and can be trusted to give you a fair cosmetic evaluation of the car. But he is still a used car salesman so ask a lot of questions, look at the car if you can and have a PPI done. In general, he buys nice lower mileage cars and probable make closer to a 10% net profit when he turns them.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:04 PM
LT1
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I dunno about a consignment...I think that is Willhoit's house. He's always been straight with me
Old 05-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Malibusteve
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've purchased 4 '89 944T's from Michael. All were as adv. Michael as stated by others is a business man. He for is a "no nonesense" dealer that is easier to buy out right from than to trade. He and the other dealers in Springfield, MO are inter-connected, although they probably would deny such associatation. You'll pay a pretty penny but I believe what you get will be legit in regards to miles etc.

I've tried to work with him on a 993TT with no success. As you can see by his ad's all TT's are high priced. My biggest complaint, as with any dealer,
if you try to trade you will never get the price for your car as you may by selling privately, but if he has what you want either be patient and seek other sources or pay the price.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:57 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought an 87 930 from Michael a few years ago ... he is a dealer and he plays hardball, but his cars are nice and he knows what he's doing. He's not the guy if you're looking for a bargain, but he usually has a deal where he will send the car to you in a truck, you hand the driver the cashier's check and you get the title on the spot, so you can send the car back if you're not happy with it. I would buy from him again. He does not do consignments, by the way ... he shares space with Premier down in Springfield.

Vic
95 C2 (RIP)
Old 05-23-2004, 06:05 PM
LAURIER
Addict
Rennlist Member

Steve,

Did you buy my '89 944 turbo S from him in 1998? Blk/Blk with sport seats VIN 150627 with about 19k miles at the time..
Old 05-23-2004, 09:25 PM
Malibusteve
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Rich,

I believe I did. It was blk/blk and I beleive it was one of the only 944T's to ever win a judges councurs awards at a PCA event. The best 944T I ever had. It was such a good and super clean car that I didn't feel I could do it justice. I was looking for a daily driver. Michael called to inquire as to my satisfaction, I offered it to him at the original sale price. He bought it the next day.

If it was yours my compliments on your care and detail of the car. I've never had or seen a 994T any better kept or maintained. BRAVO!!!
Old 05-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Dane k.
Instructor

I purchased my car from Merry at Premier.She is Michaels sister and they do share the same space in Springfield.I did pay top $ for my car,but I was very satisfied when my car arrived.These guys have been in business for many years.That was one of the deciding factors about my purchase.If you do your homework,you can buy for less.Just compare apples to apples.The picture of the Blue car is in front of Michaels (Villa) as he calls it.He has several cars advertised the same way.I called him on a TT993 the other day .
Old 05-24-2004, 11:20 AM
KeithR3
Pro

Last summer Willhoit bought a friend of mines car a 1998 C2S for 49K and then turned around and sold it for 59K. You can do better, good luck!
Old 05-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Shane
Sharkaholic
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This guy just bought a 928 GT from Willhoit, you can read about his experiences here on these threads:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...light=Willhoit

Old 05-24-2004, 01:38 PM
KeithR3
Pro

Shane,

I think the problem with Willhoit is not their cars but their prices.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:29 PM
ringmeister
Addict
Rennlist Member

I had a problem with Premiere. They advertised and also told me that the low mile 993 C4S that I was looking at had all original options. I had a Cashiers check in hand and they were going to ship out the car when a friend of mine notices that the car just did not look right from the pictures. At the time I had little experience with 993s so he picked apart the car and found that the guages, the steering wheel, shifter and brake handle among other things were not right. Since I had specifically said that I wanted an original car and I was paying top dollar, I was pretty pissed off when the woman on the phone told me that these after market items only make the car more desireable.

Quick Reply: Willhoit?