Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in CT / NJ / New England with a supercharged or turbo-conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 03:56 PM
CosmosMoon
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
I had a 993 protomotive TT install on an N/A engine. 330 whp and tq on a mustang drove nicely. Performance was nice but I personally would not go that route. Mine ended up failing due to some improper workmanship. The build was primitive with things I found I would never have accepted if I knew in advance. The I/C was huge and did little to nothing as the design was not the best and so much I can go on that was wrong about it.
I would look into other solutions.
That's a bummer to hear, I've enjoyed working with Todd & Co. on my ECU and had some long talks with him about engine upgrades, data logging, ECU flashing, etc. and felt like he gave me a lot of solid advice, and he certainly did a great job with the ECU.
Going the forced induction conversion route does seem a bit fraught - these forums seem to be littered with successes and failures, happy customers and frustrated ones...

Originally Posted by PFDGSB
I appreciate the candid info.
Are there other solutions for 993 power-adders?
Heh, are you ready to go down a rabbit hole? That's a whole topic unto itself, probably best left to a dedicated thread. You can find threads on here like this one:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ispreloading=1

(and many others)

I am a total noob on here, but I've done a lot of reading and research, and spoken to several well known engine builders and Porsche collectors and shop owners in my short time of ownership. I feel like I've got a pretty good grasp of the landscape.
There are so many variables to be factored in here in terms of cost, what type of performance you want, what kinds of driving conditions, your need for reliability, etc ... that it's impossible to give a one-size-fits-all answer. One thing I've learned though is that if you're a town-and-country driver, you don't need to build the car to racing spec - it's over kill. Some folks will say "this is how to do it if you want to do it right", but there's plenty of engine builders who don't replace oil-pumps / rods / cranks / springs or whatever when they do these mods for non-racing customers and the engines live long, healthy lives.

My real hope though was just to see what some of these FI engines sound like and how they feel in "real-life". The dyno numbers really don't tell a very complete story.

Last edited by CosmosMoon; 06-27-2023 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2023, 10:24 PM
EvilllEmpirE
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 41 Posts

I cannot believe I’ve never seen this car in Person around!! I am in the same town as the seller and drive that stretch off road in the BAT video everyday!!

Quick Reply: Anyone in CT / NJ / New England with a supercharged or turbo-conversion?