Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Rose Passion - Anyone Use?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 03:29 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Yhea use them a lot here in France, quite helpfull over the phone and respond to email quickly.
Old 12-11-2022, 09:56 AM
CosmosMoon
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 61 Posts

I like the fact that both Rose Passion and Auto-Atlanta have the PET pictures on their websites, save me one more step of cross-referencing part numbers. So many sites just feel so dated (I'm looking at you Pelican!), and theirs are not. Rose will also often be the only site that has actual pictures of obscure parts, so a lot of times I'll check their site just to see the part.
I will say, however, Auto-Atlanta (AA) is in my experience very slow, with little regard for communicating shipping dates or tracking numbers, while RP is very fast. In the Amazon age, I find this really annoying... like my order just goes off into the ether. Pelican is good about this, but their shipping is pretty pricy, and takes a while California to New England. I ordered some similar parts from both RP and AA at the same time (some parts were only available from RP), and the RP parts arrived - from France! - way faster than the AA parts, the shipping cost was similar, and RP was much better about keeping me notified about order fulfillment and tracking.
Old 12-11-2022, 11:38 AM
KingTubby
Banned

Received 165 Likes on 83 Posts

I created this thread because of a serious problem I have been having with RP. Besides a few PMs regarding their poor service, its nice to hear positive experiences with RP here.

I just received a phone call from RP and an email on Friday regarding a resolution and I hope that they stand by their statements.

:fingers crossed:

Old 12-11-2022, 11:53 AM
nothingbutgt3
Burning Brakes

Received 728 Likes on 245 Posts

I think they are a good website, not perfect for sure, nothing is.

Their working team is present and communicative, but they dont check if the parts ordered have mistakes, this is a big defect in my opinion, their service is quick and this is a good thing.
In my experience they are usually available to solve issues.
The following users liked this post:
KingTubby (12-11-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 06:21 PM
Jonny Retrofit
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

No problems with Rose Passion. Delivery sometimes quicker to UK from France than some of our UK suppliers!
Old 12-15-2022, 01:23 PM
FA-18C
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I finally pulled the trigger with them after having issues with sourcing a new CV axle. OEM in 4 days for less than the usual parts places in US. They are one of my first stops now. They have a killer catalog with photos, just wish it had Porsche part numbers and was in English.
Old 12-15-2022, 01:38 PM
KingTubby
Banned

So here was my issue (and reason for starting this thread) - they shipped me a set of wheels and they arrived a few days slower than design911.co.uk would've and for a helluva lot more money. Different country & probably different routes - not complaining just an observation. The wheels arrived destroyed and were not packed for international shipment Basically the exact same boxes that the wheels were shipped in a cointainer from another side of the planet. I didnt know what to do as I haven't dealt with a french speaking company before so I filed a paypal dispute - got denied because I didnt return the wheels. The entire time RP was telling me to drop the dispute and they would give me my money back as they filed a shipping dispute with their french shipper. Needless to say I did get all my money back from them and never once was I asked to ship the wheels.

TLDR - I would not hesitate to use them again - they are very kind to refund me completely. Shipping wheels back would have easily been in the $5-600 USD range.

They are good people

Best,
Paul

Last edited by KingTubby; 12-15-2022 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-15-2022, 03:04 PM
FA-18C
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Paul - yikes, that is painful to read. I was concerned that with their pricing I would get a pile of URO parts, but everything has been OEM parts, Loebro axle, Dansk etc... The same premuffler is 15% more here in the states at the cheapest. Good price for stainless. DHL shipping has been a pleasure.
Old 12-16-2022, 08:53 AM
nk993
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

I used to use Rose-Passion a lot before Brexit. They always shipped quickly. However, 911Pervy is 100% correct, they do use non-OEM parts in SOME things, not all. But if you ask them they are upfront about it and don't hide it.

Post - Brexit customs is a massive pain in the *** so I do not use them anymore. Now I use type911 (911Pervy) for the stuff he carries. He ships fast and responds to emails.

I avoid D911 like the plague.

Last edited by nk993; 12-16-2022 at 08:54 AM.
Old 12-16-2022, 05:51 PM
KingTubby
Banned

Originally Posted by nk993
I avoid D911 like the plague.
care to elaborate as to why?
Old 12-16-2022, 06:21 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by KingTubby
So here was my issue (and reason for starting this thread) - they shipped me a set of wheels and they arrived a few days slower than design911.co.uk would've and for a helluva lot more money. Different country & probably different routes - not complaining just an observation. The wheels arrived destroyed and were not packed for international shipment Basically the exact same boxes that the wheels were shipped in a cointainer from another side of the planet. I didnt know what to do as I haven't dealt with a french speaking company before so I filed a paypal dispute - got denied because I didnt return the wheels. The entire time RP was telling me to drop the dispute and they would give me my money back as they filed a shipping dispute with their french shipper. Needless to say I did get all my money back from them and never once was I asked to ship the wheels.

TLDR - I would not hesitate to use them again - they are very kind to refund me completely. Shipping wheels back would have easily been in the $5-600 USD range.

They are good people

Best,
Paul
Tramont’s I assume? Barrels can be sent directly from the manufacturer to repair I believe.
Old 12-16-2022, 07:12 PM
KingTubby
Banned

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
Tramont’s I assume? Barrels can be sent directly from the manufacturer to repair I believe.

no sir. just a set of regular wheels - I was trying to take advantage of the EURO<USD exchange .....
Old 02-28-2023, 11:02 PM
goatfarmer1970
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I am curious too, as this price seems very low compared to comparable product (OEM Fuchs 16x9 wheels) in the US. Thoughts? Because I want to believe, and if legit, I will pull the trigger in a heartbeat. Thanks.

https://www.rosepassion.com/en/p6133...iABEgLuaPD_BwE

And this. Prices are so good that it scares me. Again, I want to believe, but my dad always told me "its it sounds too good to be true...."

https://www.rosepassion.com/en/p8742...CABEgICmvD_BwE

Last edited by goatfarmer1970; 02-28-2023 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-01-2023, 12:59 AM
flyweight
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I bought a few items from them recently, including a mechanic part on 997 seats, a 993 replacement toolkit, and spare screws. All oems and quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else. Received via DHL in California a few days later. Very impressed. Will for sure use them again.

They don't accept returns. It'll be a pain to return to France anyways.
Old 03-15-2023, 12:37 PM
Lukas
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nk993
I used to use Rose-Passion a lot before Brexit. They always shipped quickly. However, 911Pervy is 100% correct, they do use non-OEM parts in SOME things, not all. But if you ask them they are upfront about it and don't hide it..
I also really like RosePassion's large catalog and fast shipping, however it really sucks that they don't openly disclose on the website (without you having to ask!) if it's an original Porsche part, the OEM, or some aftermarket manufacturer. Pelican Parts does a great job with this, you can choose between different qualities for different prices, and know exactly what you are getting. .

Being located in Europe PP only makes sense if you are ordering parts that are only available in the US however, since you still have to pay taxes and import duties once the order arrives.

Last edited by Lukas; 03-15-2023 at 12:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Rose Passion - Anyone Use?