Sponsored by:

Tire Recommendations for Kuhmo 712

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 09:16 PM
smithk993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Tire Recommendations for Kuhmo 712

Has anyone had any experience with the Kuhmo ECSTA 712 tires for 17" wheels? I've had a set on my 95 M3 and they seem to have held up well.

The price at tire rack of around $100 is pretty interesting. This will be a daily driver with one/two DE's per year at most? Comments on wear, handling, noise?
Old 04-05-2002, 09:19 AM
Buck
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Keith, I've only had the 712's on for 1,000 or so miles but so far I've been pleased with them. The ride is good, noise level is good but the handling feels a little mushy. Could be because there's so much tread depth and once they wear a little the handling will get crisper.

The reason I got the 712's was because I run a fair amount of negative camber for autocross and couldn't justify spending the extra $'s on a set of 'premium' street tires only to eat them up at an accelerated rate. I got all four 712's mounted for less than a pair of premium rears alone would have cost. I'd rather spend my tire dollars on keeping good competition tires mounted. Currently trying to justify the 3rd set of wheels so I can have dry tires (Hooziers) and wet tires (Victoracers) mounted and ready to go.

For the money the 712 is an excellent street tire.

Quick Reply: Tire Recommendations for Kuhmo 712