Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radar Detectors That Work?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 04:44 PM
Griffin Brown
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll chime in here on the V1. I haven't used any other type of radar detector, but I will say that my V1 has more than paid for itself in the tickets it has saved me. Just this weekend at lake Tahoe it saved my father-inlaw and myself from a hefty ticket. I would also agree with Ray that you don't want to install it in a way that limits your ability to move it from car to car. Probably 75% of the tickets the V1 has saved me from have been in the Suburban on the way to the mountains.
Old 04-10-2002, 10:26 AM
Gibo993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Iam in the UK and having been looking into detectors.

As stated on this thread the V1 always comes out tops.

My only prob is the price difference It costs over £500 over here in the UK thats over $718 us

Why why why,

they have released a new 'UK' version is that to stop us buying in the states and shipping home ??

Does anyone know the difference and anyone know any good sources in the States so I can buy it there and ship it over !!

Grant
Old 04-10-2002, 11:26 AM
maurice97C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Gibo993:
<strong>Iam in the UK and having been looking into detectors.

they have released a new 'UK' version is that to stop us buying in the states and shipping home ??

Grant</strong><hr></blockquote>

Gibo, its a matter of wavebands used by the constabulary in their fight against the innocent motorist. Different technologies deployed by different forces, even.

Look at <a href="http://www.speed-trap.co.uk/Home/Menu1.htm" target="_blank">http://www.speed-trap.co.uk/Home/Menu1.htm</a> for more info. The better Snoopers are 350 odd pounds, give lots of false readings, and so if you are offered a specific UK version, it should give you more realistic warnings, therefore worth $$$$$ or pounds.

HTH, cheers, Maurice

Quick Reply: Radar Detectors That Work?