Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 10:31 PM
Jascha-M
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got to chime in...

Sounds very familiar... I too had an '88 which the family "bonded" with --as many
p-heads do. I found a splendid example of a '96 and kept the '88 for a while --until the separation anxiety abated and I realized that the Cassis (rare color) was not driven much. My only regret is not finding another p-car enthusiast who appreciated all the care and worry... (a local Reseller snatched it!)

After all is said and done... I still welcome the day when I can tinker with one
(between kidney shakes)

Jascha.
Old 06-20-2001, 11:01 PM
Will
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for all of the stories and advice. I think I'll take a bit of a conservative route and buy a 993 first without selling the '87 coupe (also GPW). It's magnifico, and was very hard to find - I looked for two years to find a car that spoke to me. If the 87 sits unused while I drive/track the 993, well, I can sell it and I shouldn't have trouble finding a buyer.

So. Now the decision is *which* 993 to buy. I'm inclined to go for a C2S or C4S over the C2. Can't do a TT. Don't want a Targa or Cab. It will be driven at DE events fairly regularly. If any of you have any sage advice, I'm all ears.

Again, thanks, everyone. This is a great board, and I hope to join the 993 ranks soon.

Will

Old 06-20-2001, 11:03 PM
Will
Addict
Rennlist Member

P.S. That's not my Audi TT in the background! A friend stopped by for a car wash day.

Will
Old 06-21-2001, 09:57 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Will:
<STRONG>So. Now the decision is *which* 993 to buy. I'm inclined to go for a C2S or C4S over the C2. Can't do a TT. Don't want a Targa or Cab. It will be driven at DE events fairly regularly.</STRONG>
I love the C2S model dearly! So much so, and they're (relatively) rare, that I hate to see them out pounding the track. I wager they're going to be collector's items. The last air-cooled Porsches, in the WIDE body mode.

For thrashing your car around the track (which I do as well), I'd lean towards a lower-cost, more common 993 coupe. With the money you save you can get the RoW M030 or H&R coilover suspension, rollbar, harnesses, seat, strut brace, track wheels, etc etc etc. And not feel conflicting about the extra wear & tear on a C2S...

My $0.02,

RNH

Quick Reply: I want a 993, but it's complicated...