Sponsored by:

993 added to the family!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 08:01 PM
nick_968
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 993 added to the family!

Well, having been a devout 944/968 follower for the last 5 years, I have finally fallen for a rear engined beast. This one was just too good to turn down. A flood damaged 993 C2 1994 for £13,000 ($20k ish). This car was considered a total loss by the insurance company and technically should not go back on the road here in the UK, but it runs fine, and we can find a way to get it re registered, anyway enough of the boring stuff.

This car is a real beauty, Silver with black leather interior. I just finished restoring the interior to its former glory, and its looking good, as is the mint exterior which needs no work really, thanks to Porsches galvanised body shells!

The items I do need help with are the following:

1. The listing of fuses, as we dont have a handbook.
2. Front windscreen wipers dont come on.
3. Indicators dont come on.
4. Rear Spoiler doesnt raise from the button (havent had a chance to drive it fast yet to see if it comes up as we cant take the car on the road legally until its re registered.
5. Power seats dont work, luckily they are not full power.
6. Climate control is missing, anyone know where I can get a used one?

Other than that it runs and sounds great, its only done 50k miles, it needs new driveshafts from where it was sat in water, and a new throw out bearing.

Regards
Nick
Old 04-22-2004, 08:27 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fuse diagram should be on the underside of the fuse panel cover. I doubt that many fuses are blown to cause the other problems. So you are gonna have a real blast tracking those gremlins down.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:31 PM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 443 Likes on 242 Posts

I PM'ed you re the workshop manual

As for the Driver's Manual, they are inexpensive and easily obtained. Worth getting hold of a copy.

I don't have my car in front of me but isn't there a list of fuse ratings on the inside of the fuse box lid?

As for the electrical problems, you will need to perform a few tests. Start with testing the fuses, the switch, the voltage at the device in question and the device itself. These things are just a process of elimination from most to least likely point of failure.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:43 PM
nick_968
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I didnt see a fuse diagram when I pulled the fuse box cover, but then I wasnt really looking. I will look again when I am next with the car.

Graham I didnt get your pm yet, maybe the system is a bit slow today.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Derrick B.
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Youch! Sounds like its a bit of a project, but I suspect it will be well worth the effort. Welcome to the world of aircooled!

Quick Reply: 993 added to the family!