Sponsored by:

What's the best color combo for a 993?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 02:25 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts
Cool

You have given me much food for thought. Thanks for all the great color/combo ideas. I've opened myself up to considering Arena Red but would really like to find a black interior, as the cashmere color looks nice when it's clean, but I've seen them get dirty and they seem to dirty easy - much easier than black interiors. I found a 96 Arena Red C4 about 2 years ago from "The Exchange" in Illinois, with that lovely black interior, but didn't jump on it fast enough.

The silver with black is still my #1 pic, even if it is a"90's" color scheme as one person has said. It may be "common" to some, but where I live, not many people drive a nice car like this, unless I'm in Potomac or Downtown DC. You just don't see many C4S's around. And like the one gent said, I'm not closed to finding a 96 C4 non "S" car, but it would have to be Arena Red! A Polar Silver C4 non "S" 95/96 is somewhat common around here, much more so than a newer 97/98 C2S or C4S.

I love the look of a black car, but it's a bit too hard to keep clean for this lazy guy. I also love white, but I'm not sure white's for me. Guards Red is way to flashy for this modest driver, and Riviera Blue or Speed Yellow is much too funky for the conservative Washington DC area suburb area I'm in - I picture these last 2 colors in LA or Miami.

So, I'm up for more ideas, but Arena Red and Polar Silver are looking pretty good from where I sit. What makes this decision so much harder is the thought of having to sell my 88 911! I've really grown attached to STLABLU, but I'd have to sell it to get the 993. I'm going to hate to have to test drive it with anyone. I'm so careful about who drives it (just me!). I wish I could just skip that part of the process and simply have the guy/gal buy it without driving it to death, pay for it, and THEN drive it AWAY. I might shed a tear when it's gone, my first Porsche. Parting will be such sweet sorrow, but for the knowledge of the new 993 to come.

Steve Silver Spring, Md.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:31 AM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Stever, head on over to the VA burbs and take a look at my SY car - it's not as funky as you would think on my my side of the beltway - and decide on that in the flesh. I have a friend who has a silver/black C2s who could also meet us. Maybe a karting night <a href="http://www.allsportsgp.com/" target="_blank">here</a> - we could probably get 4 or 5 911s there for you to check out. 3 or 4 993s and a silver/black 996. I am sure we would even let you drive them - if we can drive yours.

email if interested.

E. J.

PS - not sure if I'd call any MD burb conservative - at least not politically.
Old 07-03-2002, 11:41 AM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
I have owned an 87 911 Diamond Blue/Dark Blue interior, 89 Black-on-Black Targa and now a 95 993 Polar Silver/Dark Blue. The combination gets many comments for being unique and attractive. It wears better than black. I see some advertised on EBay, PCA, etc. Give it a try. If you wish I can email pictures.
Old 07-03-2002, 03:22 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts
Hi Freeman,

Polar Silver and Blue Interior... I'm glad you like that color. My wife and I drove one about 2 years ago (a 96 993 Polar/Blue) and we didn't like that blue interior at all. Sorry...

Thanks for the post though. I'm not sure why blue wears better than black, though. Why is that? To us, the interior looked sort of two tone in that blue color, whereas the black is just all black.

Steve
Old 07-03-2002, 04:33 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Each to his own! Just trying to help since there were no posts of this color combination. I do not see two tones of blue in mine. My visual cortex must be whacky. Hopefully you recognize that despite blue leather, there remains some black on the dash and trim. This can be mistaken for two tone.
Old 07-03-2002, 06:28 PM
88clbsport
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Freeman,
I liked seeing that you have/had a diamond blue car. I think it really hides the dirt and imperfections very well and looks awesome in the sun. Some of the metallic colors from the late 80's probably wouldn't look at home on a 2002+ car, but I like them nonetheless.

Is the riviera blue close to the Gulf Blue?
Old 08-25-2002, 07:56 PM
Doug
Advanced

How about Artic w/Boxter Red?
Old 08-25-2002, 09:08 PM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arena Red and Gray... I should take a better picture to show off the interior, but on such short notice this is the best I could do...
Old 08-25-2002, 11:15 PM
Richard C4S
Instructor

Sorry, No, that would be arena/cashmere beige!
Old 08-25-2002, 11:46 PM
SLVR
Pro

Hey Steve,

Sorry to be conventional but silver = only way to go (well almost). Black interior will wear much better than anything else. I have never seen a light interior that still looks nice after a number of years.

Coincidentally, I'm around the corner from you. (downtown Bethesda) Got a 97 Arctic/black leather with 24k for sale, if you are interested.

Polar silver is the only color nicer than arctic but they are much are much less common. Good luck hunting. :-)
Old 08-26-2002, 02:12 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Interior/exterior color become even more important with a Cab as you also have to consider the color of the top and boot cover. My favorite is Polar silver with grey leather and a blue top/boot. VERY COOL!, very hard to find. Also would look good with a grey top/boot.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:54 AM
leslie
Instructor

[quote]Originally posted by Greg Fishman:
<strong>

I wonder if it is a real RS? I imagine he could afford to bring one (heck at least a dozen) over to the US.
That is a beautiful car.
Greg</strong><hr></blockquote>

Strange thing about the car is the lack of any stone guards. Other than that, it looks great!
Old 08-26-2002, 09:29 AM
Burt Goodwin
Instructor

I just purchased what is the nicest-looking P-car I have ever seen! It is a special-order Forest Green Metallic with Cashmere Beige interior; '98 C2S coupe...Wow!

Quick Reply: What's the best color combo for a 993?