Yikes! Cat-bypass pipes are loud!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 05:03 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts
Default Re: That Utah paradox

Originally posted by mlincoln

BTW...fire engines and rescue service vehicles are allowed to use high pollution engines...do you oppose them too?
...BY AN ORDER OF EVEN GREATER MAGNITUDE....... is the ego of Mr Lincoln and I mean MR..., who equates the operation of Fire and Emergency Vehicles with his selfish pursuit of personal pleasure in a general aviation cloud hopper.......

Never a dull moment when he chooses to enrich the forum with his twisted versions of pedantic eloquence...
Old 04-19-2004, 05:16 PM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, I don't expect everyone to agree with me

But I do expect politeness and good taste
--Mike
Old 04-19-2004, 05:27 PM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default And speaking of good taste, if we must have insults can't they be creative?

Dear Randy,

Don't you really think that it is time for you to think up a new insult for me and anyone else you happen to disagree with, in lieu of a genuinely thoughtful response? The naked guy's butt is nice, but those of us who aren't into that sort of thing are tired of seeing it. I know that thoughtful responses are hard for you, and based on your history I presume that even creative insults difficult for you, so take this tasking gently: I wouldn't want you to increase your intracranial pressure too precipitiously and have a stroke.

Best, Mike
Old 04-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

"BEST ", Randy

Last edited by Randy M; 04-19-2004 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Max,
Thanks for the tip...very helpful.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:24 PM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ah, Randy...you _do_ have more risque images of guys than you let on...inquiring minds want to know, "how many" (and why do you collect them)?

--Best, Mike
Old 04-20-2004, 10:24 PM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ah, Randy...you _do_ have more risque images of guys than you have previously let on. Inquiring minds want to know, "how many" (and why do you collect them)?

--Best, Mike
Old 04-21-2004, 01:53 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike, admit it, you laughed out loud when you saw Randy's new pic. I sure did.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:35 AM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default You're right

Yes, I have to admit I did. I thought...Oh my God, Randy's head has disappeared clean out of sight!

Tee Hee, Mike
Old 04-21-2004, 05:42 AM
seege
Addict
Rennlist Member

Boxers or Briefs?
If briefs then that must be uncomfortable!
Old 04-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Tech-Law
Pro

So to distill your marvelously brief response down to a single point... it's all about what's legal and what isn't? Please...

Then I assume that you never exceed the posted speed limit ... give us a break Michael. (notice the correct capitalization of your name)

Being an adjunct associate professor and not a practicing doctor must leave you lots of time to correct spelling and grammar... a rather annoying habit that probably doesn't win you many friends.

John D. - can you please kill this thread and put us out of our collective misery.

Last edited by Tech-Law; 04-22-2004 at 12:08 AM.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:22 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

To borrow a phrase, Site Administrators don't kill threads, people do.

Old 04-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally posted by mlincoln
Ah, Randy...you _do_ have more risque images of guys than you have previously let on. Inquiring minds want to know, "how many" (and why do you collect them)?

--Best, Mike
No I just Googled Mike Lincoln and that's what popped up. I just searched on the net for the best visual representation of you. You really do have your head up your *** you know? You just pull it out once in a while to type crap on Rennlist. To reply to your insinuation that I am gay, I am not. But if you are I have no problem with that. You and your lover could go on a glider ride. That would be very romantic.

Maybe glider rides help you cope with being just an associate and not really a Doctor. That must be frustrating to go through all of that schooling and just not quite getting there.... Not really achieving that goal you know?
It could be why you post such condescending remarks on this board as well. Sometimes people lash out at others because of there own inadequecies/hangups. Something to think about....
Old 04-21-2004, 07:07 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love this...one of the best features on Rennlist...

Old 04-22-2004, 12:41 AM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Sorry to disappoint Tech-Law and Randy M

FWIW, and _only_ since you insinuated that I'm somehow not a fully fledged physician or faculty member (both insinuations are false): I'm a _FULL_ status faculty in Internal Medicine (where I practice Medicine) and _ADJUNCT_ in the Department of Medical Informatics (medical computing). One can only be regular status in one faculty; in all others you must be adjunct. Medical Informatics is my _secondary_ appointment. I can understand Randy's mistake (they can only teach the very basics in reform school, and he was simply parroting Alan), but I'm disappointed in Tech-Law...maybe he's too busy chasing ambulances and has forgotten most of what he learned in college?!

Now, for Tech-Laws assumption about everything boiling down to strict definitions of legal and illegal...please give me some credit. I _normally (about 98% of the time, I think) adhere to the legal speed limit within a +/-5 (often minus) mph margin of error. I _almost never_ speed deliberately, even in the Porsche, and certainly not on urban freeways, congested areas or in residential neighborhoods of any sort. But hey, in making this choice I'm really more concerned about my own personal safety than styling in my car. I've got an airplane with a _legal_ 250 kph redline. Nevertheless, even Alan Greenspan has his moments of irrational exuberance, as I said, so I'm not against anyone on this list making his own personal choice to speed occasionally, in safer conditions. But I think "110+ mph" on urban S. Cal freeways is simply stupid, to recall the title of the thread that originally earned me your emnity. I'd like to see Tech-Law prove the opposite, that such behavior is not stupid (and criminally culpable) to a jury of his neighborhood peers. I don't think he'll be able to do that.

This leads to my second point, Tech-Law: a brief burst of irrational exuberance is just that, a brief burst with little (I hope) sustained or immediate harm. But running open pipes (if you or someone you know does that) is a sustained, continuous breaking of the law, especially when you commute to work daily with your tough-sounding little ego toy. Furthermore, your law-breaking has continuous and definite adverse consequences that I'm not required to bear: noise pollution and air pollution. I would submit that continually breaking the law in this way, even a law that you personally regard to be a minor one, shows a disrepect for legal authority and a lack of consideration for one's fellow man that is surprising (or perhaps not surprising?!) for a lawyer. Maybe you weren't on the law review, so perhaps in that case I shouldn't expect you to be able to think very clearly about these things.

Anyway, always hoping for/anticipating the sort of rational response that a lawyer _should_ be able to provide, I remain, sincerely yours,

--Mike

Quick Reply: Yikes! Cat-bypass pipes are loud!