993 Forum 1995-1998

Recaro Pole Position installation help

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 02:08 PM
MB965
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Post Recaro Pole Position installation help

I have a 964 C2 Turbo in which I am installing a pair of Recaro Pole Position seats, which are about 1 1/2 inch wider than the standard width of the SPG. (They are probably similar in width to the Sparco Evo 2's.)
The Recaro seat brackets which came with the seat are aluminum and stick out past the side of the seat by about 1 inch.
When I position the seat (with the mounting bracket attached to the side of the seat and on top of a set of factory sliders) the bulge of the mounting bracket hits the center tunnel forcing the seat to then be off center by about 1 inch. The seat needs to move toward the center of the car by about inch in order to be centered on the steering wheel.

The other problem is that because the seat and seat brackets are wider, the sliders do not line up with the factory mounting holes, they are about 1 1/2 inches too wide.

It seems that different seat mounting brackets which do not stick out past the sides of the seat and which also have a longer horizontal leg would solve the problem.

I am sure others have installed these wider seats in their 964/993, can you help me with some suggestions. I am also posting this on the 964 board.

Thanks,

Mike

Quick Reply: Recaro Pole Position installation help