Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Racers Group - Live TV Coverage - Here we go..!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 11:10 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Post The Racers Group - Live TV Coverage - Here we go..!!!

Good morning...!

Just spoke to the Team and they are set for the race today at Mid-Ohio... Here are some details...

The race will be carried live on Speed Channel on Sunday at 2:00pm EDT - so tune in..!!! As an added bonus - there is more "in car" camera video equipment in the TRG car then in a well equipped movie studio - so watch for the "in car" shots!!!

Also, if had a small decal (Burnstines, Fathers & Sons, Capt Squid) on the car at Le Mans - they are still there for this race. It was Kevin's idea - and just a small way of saying once again - "Thanks for your support"...

Currently - the car is qualified sixth, but the setup issue seem to be squared away for the most part....

Good Luck Kevin and B.J. - we'll be watching!!!

Best to all,

John D.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
If you guys missed this race, you missed a great battle especially the GT class. Kevin and BJ just kept their noses clean and ran a consistent pace. BJ made an unbelievable pass for the lead, I don't think it was shown on TV.
He had a run on Fitzgerald going to the left hand turn over Madness and passed him on the outside and then had the inside for the next turn, within a lap he was out of reach for J3 Racing. If you know Mid Ohio most would say no way could you pass there, but if you have ever ridden with BJ you know that he can do some incredible things behind the wheel.
Congrats to TRG on their first ALMS victory!

If any of you guys are going to be at the Tracquest event at Mid Ohio BJ will be there. If you want to get a ride with him I would be glad to let him take some of you out in my race car.

Greg

Quick Reply: The Racers Group - Live TV Coverage - Here we go..!!!