HID and Autolamps

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 05:16 PM
porscheralph
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
Question HID and Autolamps

Hello - I ordered a set of HID from autolamps-online the other day. I just received a email from saying that:
"Thank you for shopping with Autolamps-online, your Order for Xenon Discharge has been received. Please note this is a DIY kit which is not suitable for converting any existing Halogen and does not include wiring or fitting instructions if in doubt about your purchase please refer back to us"
I'm confused - I have written back to them for clarification. I know several of you have used this source for HID conversions - what's up here. Thanks as always and Porsche at Daytona - YES!!!
Old 02-02-2003, 05:57 PM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 442 Likes on 241 Posts
Porscheralph,

It appears that you have ordered the "Xenon discharge" D2S or D2R bulbs, not the "H1 Xenon HID Headlamp conversion kit".

These parts are HID bulbs which are only for newer headlight assemblies specifically designed for the HID bulbs. They can not be used as part of a halogen H1 to HID conversion.

I suggest you email Autolamps and correct the order

HTH, Graham
Old 02-02-2003, 07:01 PM
porscheralph
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
Graham - You are most correct! My bad! Thanks for pointing out the error. I must confess the web site is not very clear on what to order for each application. Thanks again. Ralph

Quick Reply: HID and Autolamps