Post PICTURES here for the So Virginia Fun Drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up Post PICTURES here for the So Virginia Fun Drive

What a great day!!! Just like Mark of Baltimore says, "I hate it when there's not enough time to chat real good with each and everyone. Great Gentlemen and Lady. Even though the weather wasn't the best, I sure had a blast meeting everyone and driving "within" the speed limits of VA highways !! I was so excited to take pictures while we were driving south that I forgot to fully lock my engine lid, so in the middle of hard breaking while chasing down the boxsters I heard this "clunk", looked on the rearview mirror where Kdurgs Litronics were blaring a second ago, now I see my spoiler in vertical position A minute on the shoulder lane, and I was back behind Kdurgs beautiful arena red C4S!
We only have 2 Boxsters, but they were both "S" so they were real beauties! Yellow and Black!

Here's the bad news guys!! pls don't kill me The last shots I took when each one stood by their cars didn't come out
I guess I'm yet to figure out this dig camera!!

It was really great meeting all of you! Let me edit the pix, and I'll post them in a few.

If you have some pictures you want to share, PM me and I'll send you my email address that will take big file photos.

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 04-03-2004 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:41 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Cool Here you go

Left To Right:
Ray and his little Navigator/4to8m8(Guards Red911), Dan/95GPW993(Grand Prix White 993), Carrera Mike(Grand Prix White 993), Keith/Kdurg(Arena Red C4S 993), Chris Walker(Speed Yellow Boxster S, "not broken in yet"), Mark Wheeler(& Elizabeth/not in Photo)(Dark Blue 996 with PSE exhaust sys), Chris West(Black Boxster S)

Ray's beautiful guards red Carrera

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 04-04-2004 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Love these Stacked exhaust!

Chris' 986 S all Black Cockpit

Chris(D other Chris)' Brand Spanking New Speed Yellow 986 S! I could have this as the center piece of my living room! ofcourse after I break it in first

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 04-04-2004 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Dan's Grand Prix White Carrera. My 993's twin.

Someday, I'll get me a 996

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 04-04-2004 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Keith real shiny C4S. Love those litronics! and the awesone exhaust/engine sound!

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 04-04-2004 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Old 04-03-2004, 09:23 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike...

Your inbox is full...I cannot reply.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Kdurg, When you were driving away I noticed that the sound of your car is substantialy different from mine! Your's has that real raspy sound that I really like! Besides the "Motorsound" air box you have, do you have diff muff too?

Ray, Love your Guards Red! Your car is what started my love affair with porsches!

Chris and Chris, Your Boxsters are real sexxxxy!Sweet front grills.

Dan, my twin, I forgot to take pictures of my cars looking at yours. You need to tell me where you got your driving shoes. I want a pair

Mark & Elizabeth, Love that exhaust rumble! I'll PM you of my email where you can send those pix you took for additional posting.

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 04-03-2004 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Nice pics... and then I come to the pic of the Arena Red C4S. My blood started getting hot, my heartbeat increased, and my breathe got heavier. There's not much in life more beautiful (for under $60k!) than a mint condition Arena Red C4S!

Splendid cars, guys. Looked like a great day. Sometimes I wish I was single again so I could participate in ALL the meet and drives in our area! I have way too many family obligations on the weekends to get away much now.

Steve
Old 04-03-2004, 10:25 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Great photos, Mike! I like the trees in the background. Looks like a successful outing.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:48 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It was a great day. As I left Richmond, the weather was being uncooperative and I was second guessing my decision to go. Upon arriving at the mall and seeing the other P-Cars lined up.....I was psyched to have followed thru with it.

The trip thru the tunnel under the bay was phenomenal !!! I dropped the window and listened to all these Porsches' exhausts rumbling.......what an ear buzz !!!

Mike...In answer to your question regarding my exhaust sound ?? That would be compliments of the Infamous Robin Sun Muffler Modification. It really wakes up the sound of the car huh ?? LOVE IT !!!!

In the short amount of time we all met, tons of information was exchanged regarding our cars and our passion.

To top it all off, my ride home to Richmond turned out beautiful. The sun took over the sky, clouds and rain vanished and as I walked into the house .....4 year old son tugging....4 mos boy crying...I realized I was back into reality....and gone from Porsche World.

When's the next trip.............................................??????
Old 04-03-2004, 11:00 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Steve96C4S, I just showed your post to the wife...now she's asking me if I feel the same... when it took me a couple of seconds to answer... she smacked me

Mark of B, Are you a botanist? How come you noticed the plants before the cars???
Old 04-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by kdurg
Mike...When's the next trip.............................................??????
I've been hoping you wouldn't back out 'cause of the weather. Your driving from Richmond motivated most of us

Hey, how about for the next Fun Drive, drive to VIR on PCA FSR DE event, 15MAY/Sat. That's when the entrance at VIR is free 'cause PCA pays for it. Even if you're not running the DE, we park beside the track boys(with the rest of all the porsches). Here are the photos I took when I ran 'green group' last Sept. http://fst.pca.org/photos.htm We will definitely have a blast there. Its gonna be porsche haven. I'm planning to take the wife and maybe the teen. We can all rendezvous in Emporia(HWY 58 and I-95) or South Hill(HWY 58 and I-85). We can all spend the night there in Danville, VA where Virginia Int'l Raceway is. A lot of the DC folks go there. That's where I met(or should I say saw Mark of Baltimore and his beautiful silver track toy.

What do you guys think, eigh?

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 04-03-2004 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:15 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally posted by Carrera Mike

Mark of B, Are you a botanist? How come you noticed the plants before the cars???
Yes, I actually specialize in environmental effects on the phenotype and recessive allele categorization.

Just kidding. Wow, I do remember something about high school bio.

I like looking at the photos from the Cali runs because the meeting places and the drives are so beautiful. I noticed the trees from your run because of my background as a photographer and due to the challenge of organizing a meet and drive location that had enough room to accommodate a bunch of cars and was picturesque, to boot. Unfortunately, I hardly consider the Super Fresh parking lot off of Rt 1/Washington Blvd as picturesque, but it worked. The trees at your meeting area really added a nice feel to the images.

Nice job!
Old 04-04-2004, 12:51 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks Mark! I thought I was gonna loose some guys 'cause of the spot I picked. It turned out that Hect's has 3 sides, and all the parking lots were full, good thing they found me after I took a spot away towards that back side. I actually had to wave off some mall goers to keep some spots open for the guys Like you said, wished have more time to talk more with each driver. Anyway's, I think our region will have a beautiful spring foilage soon to back drop our drives

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 04-04-2004 at 10:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Post PICTURES here for the So Virginia Fun Drive