Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post PICTURES here for the So Virginia Fun Drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 08:14 AM
4to8m8
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, Thanx for posting all the pics. I had a great time. Even though my navigator slept most of the trip when when we got home she told all her little friends how we won the "RACE" After she awoke of course I told her we won!! Keith, I'm dissapointed! Next time bring your crumb snatcher. I later found out that as soon as I pulled away for the meet the wife and newborn took off for the MART's(Kmart/Target/Bj's etc.)She spent a couple hundred bucks on junka lunka which will justify the arrival of several Pelican boxes any day now! Loved meetn all the boys and Elizabeth. Wish there was at least one more non airbag P-car though. Sheesh. Where were you guys?????Mike I'll see you at Jenro's when the sun starts shining. Again thanx for the pics. I took lots of stills but once at the meet I noticed I forgot the memory stick for the dig....Doh!
Old 04-04-2004, 09:20 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Ray, It was great meeting you and your little navigator. I edited the first entry above and acknowledged her. What's your little princess' name again? She's a cutie. I miss my daughter at that age.

Did you see the post above about the DE in May? There will be a lot of non airbag folks there. What do you think about that proposed fun drive?

Post some pix of your mods once you get them out of the Pelican boxes and install them.

There should be more pictures to come from all the cameras around. As soon they email them to me, they'll be posted.

No more than 20 mins after you guys left, cars started pouring into the Jenro's parking lot. My buddies in these hotrods kept asking me..."where are the porches"?

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 04-04-2004 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:30 AM
4to8m8
Intermediate

Mike, Sat 15 May sounds great. I've never been to VIR and think it would be awsome to be track side. Plus I'd like to see what it's all about before I get involved in a De. Count me in.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Speed Yellow Chris, I was talking to one of the hotroders at Jenro's and they told me that the classic car meet every Sat is bigger there in your area. I forgot the exact spot but he said it's along hwy17. He said it gets packed quickly so if we go, have to be there by 430pm. Maybe we could check that out someday. I'm sure for us down here on the other side of the tunnel, Ray, Dan, and the other Chris(not Batman) and the northerners Keith, Mark Elzabeth W. will be interested in checking the neck of your woods.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:10 PM
Mark Wheeler
Racer

Guys,

Elizabeth and I had a great time yesterday! What a fun and interesting group of people who showed up for the fun drive. We both look forward to doing this again sometime soon. We'll be in the middle of moving to DC on the weekend of May 15th, but we still might be able to make it anyway to VIR. That sounds like something not to be missed!

Carrera Mike - I just emailed you a bunch of the best photos we took yesterday. I'd appreciate if you'd post them for me.

Thanks again and LETS DO THIS AGAIN SOON!

Mark

P.S. That was an afternoon of beautiful Porsches! Awesome!
Old 04-04-2004, 07:42 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thumbs up MORE PIX From Mark & Elizabeth

Mark & Elizabeth, Finally a picture of my car! wooo hoo! Thanks. I thought I would never see it in this thread Thank you much for these nice photos!

Here they are:

Old 04-04-2004, 07:44 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default More photos from Mark & Elizabeth

This is the entrance to the HOV were I was worried we were gonna miss, so I had to pass Chris(Not Batman ) and direct the convoy to it...

Old 04-04-2004, 07:45 PM
95 GPW 993
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mike - Had a terrific time yesterday!! It was great to meet everyone with the same "affliction" as me, and I hope it's the first of many drives we'll be taking!

I kept looking at the people in their cars as we passed them on our way to Jenro's. They all seemed bewildered as to where all the P-cars were coming from. Maybe a few wished they had a P-car and were part of the formation. Sometimes I forget just how special these cars really are, and it took yesterday to bring it back in to perspective.

Mike - Assuming I hear from Kevin Collins, I'll be driving in the May DE at VIR, but if not I will go as a spectator just to see y'all again and find out what it's all about.

BTW, if you really want 'em, you can get shoes like mine at Nordstrom's in MacArthur Mall. They're called Puma "Speed Cats," and cost about $70. Even though they're non-Nomex, they're just like the real Sparco/Puma racing boots and give a great feel for the pedals.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Angry Mow D Lawn!!

Wife told me to mow the backyard this morning OR ELSE she's not letting me go to anymore fun drives. I guess she noticed the grin on my face since I came back from the drive yesterday afternoon. So, I thought I'll break out the camera again after I followed her orders. Pulled the car in the back yard...Just don't tell her left tire marks all over the lawn

Old 04-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by 95 GPW 993
....I kept looking at the people in their cars as we passed them on our way to Jenro's. They all seemed bewildered as to where all the P-cars were coming from. Maybe a few wished they had a P-car and were part of the formation. Sometimes I forget just how special these cars really are, and it took yesterday to bring it back in to perspective.
Great to meet you too Dan. I bet we have some kids that saw us who's minds are now engraved to get a Porsche as their dream car someday! ..like me 25 years ago.

Looking forward in driving with you guys again! I'll be at Jenro's around 5PM every chance I get. Maybe I'll catch you guys there. email me when you guys go, coffee is on me.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Mark Wheeler
Racer

Mike,

Sounds Great. Thanks for organizing the drive. It was a blast!

Mark
Old 04-05-2004, 06:42 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Mark, Thanks. I had a blast and can't wait to do the next one!
Old 04-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Black Fox
5th Gear

Default Glad you guys had a good time!

Wish I could have joined you - maybe next time!

Travis
Old 04-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Re: Glad you guys had a good time!

Originally posted by Black Fox
Wish I could have joined you - maybe next time! Travis
Travis, PM me your email addy and I'll keep you in the loop in case somthing caomes up. Also, few replies above, we might try for the 15 of May and caravan to VIR. MOst of us are just watching but some are running it.

Quick Reply: Post PICTURES here for the So Virginia Fun Drive