Sponsored by:

Good Looking New CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 11:50 AM
Martin Reuben
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Good Looking New CD Player

After a long time looking for a more "factory look" CD/MP3 player I found the new Panasonic CQ-HX2083. Installed it yesterday. The operation is touch screen and the look is all black and glass - no *****.

Got it from Crutchfield <a href="http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-xk4e3hlg6xf/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=62700&I=133HX1083&o=m&a=0&cc=01" target="_blank"> Crutchfield Panasonic Link</a>

You don't really need to look at the screen to control the volume or tuning, as your fingers just automatically seem to fall to the correct positions.

The bezel is currently a shiny black, I'll paint it matte black in the near future.

Sound quality and control seem much smoother than the JVC unit I had previously.

The rest of the system consists of an Alpine 5 channel 200 watt amp in the trunk, focal speakers in the doors, JVC's on the rear deck, and a pair of 10" JL subs in the rear foot wells.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:23 PM
GTR 993
Burning Brakes

Nice looking face on it, I have the JVC now and would like to change it maybe a Sony or Panasonic like you have. Sony also makes a similar head unit.
Old 03-09-2003, 02:25 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Martin
Looks very clean in contrast to the cheap arcade look that's so prevalent.
Since your unit's controls seem to be all on screen, how is screen visibility in daylight from the angle of the driver's seat? I recently upgraded my oem CR-210 to an Alpine MP3 player & find the screen to be unreadable many times w/o shifting over to the passenger's side (a minor problem & otherwise love it, btw).
Old 03-09-2003, 03:50 PM
Martin Reuben
Track Day

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica"> Since your unit's controls seem to be all on screen, how is screen visibility in daylight from the angle of the driver's seat? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">The visibility definitely isn't as good as the LCD screen that comes with the factory unit (especially since I've got a Targa), but I'm willing to live to live with it for the enhanced capabilities of being able to play MP3's and to be able to plug my iPod into it.

I'm also considering installing the Serius satellite receiver but can't figure out where to put the antenna.

Quick Reply: Good Looking New CD Player