Sponsored by:

Anything Going On in the East

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 07:57 PM
mimmo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything Going On in the East

There must be a lot of Porsche owners in Southern Ct because I see most of them often, and I’m wondering if there is any meet, gathering, ect, this spring to get to meet each other, see our toys together and compare ideas and mods. I see that the guys (and gals)
In the west are always doing these nice Sunday drives such as north meets south and so forth, which is nice to see rennlisters getting together often. If there is any website to look into to see such events or scheduling for the east please let me know. Come on boys I’m sure that there must be something happening in the tri-state area lets show the boys in the west that we could have fun in the east as well, instead of working all the time.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:22 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey Mimmo.....!!!

OK - about 500 or so Rennlisters are headed to Hershey (see the announcement at the top of the Forum..). Hopefully - we'll be having the Banquet on Saturday night - which I'm trying to plan this week....

As well - Adrain S. will be in the area the following week - and with Bentley Publishers, hopefully can coordinate a get together that week as well - maybe at IRA (which reminds me - I have to call some folks...)...

What I've learned - is that if you want to have a Rennlist drive, get together - whatever - post it up!!! If you let me know beforehand - I can also announce it on the Rennlist e-mail lists (there aren't many folks there - only about 83,000 give or take?? )

So - as for me..... I'd like to attend a NE get together!!! Heck, it's a LOT shorter commute then California..!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 09:42 PM
mimmo
Advanced

thanks john but unfortunately i'm on vacation with the family the week of april 22-27 but am looking forward to other future events
Old 04-02-2004, 03:06 AM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd love to see something happen in these parts -- I'm envious of the events I keep reading about in other areas .
Old 04-02-2004, 08:35 AM
Evan
Burning Brakes

Me Too !
Old 04-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Novice
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default next Tuesday in Fairfield

Next Tuesday April 6th, is the CVR region monthly meet. I believe someone from Lime Rock is the guest speaker. www.cvrpca.org for info.

I am planning to be there, but probably not with my P-car, as I need new tires.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:28 PM
esb97targa
Instructor

last year I organized a group of rennlisters, we all met in Rye, NY drove up the Merritt Pkwy, got off in Redding, took some backroads up past the resevoir(sp?) and finished at Marcus Dairy in Danbury for "Cruise Night". This particular night CVR blocked off an area of the parking lot and there was a great turnout.

Evan
Old 04-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did that tire get slashed by some azzzzzzzhl?
Old 04-02-2004, 06:10 PM
John D.
Banned

How about trying to coordinate something like the weekend of May 1st? Maybe Mass or NH? Maybe we can link up with something at IRA (I should ask them first - I suppose, before volunteering them??? )... - And then maybe a drive up the coast? Maybe a TECH session - where all you can change the suspension on my car, and I can watch and drink beer?

OK - that's all I have for ideas....
Old 04-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

John, we should do a Tour de S. New Hampshire! The coast is very beautiful (not today!) and we could end up at the 993 ranch (my house) and start with vacuuming out the frigin sand in our cars! Then BEER!
Old 04-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go that far -- not enough time, sadly. Sounds great, though.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:23 PM
John D.
Banned

Yannno - we could actually do that....???? I'm serious.. I know Adrian Streather (this is a pre-pre-announcement) will be in the area, and I'm somewhat confident he knows how to drive a 964 - so maybe he can hi-jack Jen's 964?? (I'll have to ask her as well - so DON'T QUOTE ME!! - so maybe we could arrange a meeting in MA (IRA??) mid-morning through mid-afternoon? Do a Coast drive - and we can arrange a block of Hotel rooms at the Sheraton (very swanky ) for Saturday night? Do the drive up to your place Sunday - a scenic tour through some of the finer areas of NH - and do "vaccum" thingy Sunday?

Heck - I dunno - I'm just throwing out ideas..?!!!!
Old 04-02-2004, 06:26 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally posted by Speedraser
Unfortunately, I won't be able to go that far --....
To get folks from the NY area - what's your guess on where might be best (as all these plans are - ummm - "fluid" and in progress )???

Seriously - let us know, OK??
Old 04-02-2004, 06:27 PM
Novice
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by Livefreeandrive
Did that tire get slashed by some azzzzzzzhl?
It is facing the inside. hmm unless a mechanic want to get me kill :-)

I have no idea how long I have been riding it with the cut.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Evan
Burning Brakes

How 'bout a rip through the Kanc in Franconia? That should get us in some trouble with the troopers. We could start at John D's and then head up. Of course Mimmo/Novice and I would have to get up a little earlier to get to John's in the am I suppose.

Then back down to the 993 ranch. Steve can put us all up and have Matt feed us !!!

I must be dreaming...is it Friday????

Quick Reply: Anything Going On in the East