Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations, Todd.... Ya need to post pix ASAP
Old 03-31-2004, 11:55 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Todd,

Congratulations. After you have the car, please post your driving impressions.

As for the steering wheels, there was a recent thread on three-spoke wheels. I have the Atiwe that RUF specs. in his cars. It is 14", roughly 1" smaller in diameter than stock. Very nicely wrapped, with a thumb rest in a great position. I love this wheel. I think Weissach and AJUSA carry it.

Now onto other wheels. I have SO3s on my RUF and I love it. However, I have not driven any other tires on my RUF so it's a limited comparison. However, SO3s and Pilot Sports are often recommended here.

Enjoy your new ride. You have great car combo.

Here's a pic of my Atiwe wheel. Sorry it's a little out of focus. Enjoy.

CP
Attached Images  
Old 04-01-2004, 01:22 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by CP

Here's a pic of my Atiwe wheel. Sorry it's a little out of focus. Enjoy.

CP
Congrats!! Always like hearing "Bringing home a new baby" stories. Pics on this board is your next step and then drive to your heart's content!

CP...I noticed that your keys are different than the bulky encased ones if seen for 993s. Can you special order those or is that b/c you have a "special" 993?
Old 04-01-2004, 01:27 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally posted by Arrwin
CP...I noticed that your keys are different than the bulky encased ones if seen for 993s. Can you special order those or is that b/c you have a "special" 993?
Todd,

Mine is a 95 C2 which does not have factory remote entry feature, thus the 'slim-look' keys.

From 96 on Porsche offers the remote keyless entry system and the transmitter is integral with the key, thus a more bulky key.

I ended up installing a Clifford alarm with remote entry, so now my key 'assembly' is not as petite as the pic. anymore.

CP
Old 04-01-2004, 07:31 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!!!

You have yourself one of the most collectible contemporary Porsche.

It will not kill you with depreciation or maintenance costs either. Though... depends on your driving style.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:29 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 160 Posts

Triple black refered to a black vinyl top in the old days.
Black interior, black exterior, black vinyl top.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:49 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 692 Likes on 492 Posts

Congratualtions Todd. Just took a look at this thread today for the first time. Did you ask for advice on PPI location on the 30th and post on the 31st that the PPI went well and you had a car? Man, you did not waste any time at all. I love the look of the widebody good luck and post pics as soon as you can.

Jamie
Old 04-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just to add to the confusion, I have heard "triple anything" used in reference to a combo of a few different things. In the 80's, I heard it used in reference to a cab as suggested earlier, such as blue exterior, blue interior and blue top.

FWIW, I also knew someone who referred to her 1988 911 cabriolet as "triple white". In her situation, she was referring to white exterior, white interior, and fuchs wheels that the inners were painted white to match.

Also, FWIW, I had a 1988 "Special Edition" Acura Integra LS-SE. It was white, with white wheels, and matching white mirrors and side skirts. Acura guys in those days referred to that as triple white, only because the other Integras did not have the matching colored trim or wheels.

In summary, I think "triple anything" is a generic term that has been used throughout the years for cars that have a multitude of things in the same paint scheme....just my .02, and as usual, YMMV.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:57 PM
WildWillard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Triple black refers to the headliner - historically, Porsche's had a white headliner.

d
Old 04-02-2004, 01:17 PM
Mike_A
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

.....for a PPI near you if you haven't already had one you might try Powertech (973-586-3210)......no affiliation.....they are excellent
Old 04-02-2004, 11:04 PM
tmw157
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks for all the replies. Was very fortunate to have PPI done next day. Now waiting for the finance check to arrive and Voila!

Insurance will be approx. $1700 (no points, multi-car). Am mulling over the radar installation issue. Had k-40 in the 540--beautiful installation but a lot of false readings. This is not too bad if you generally travel the same routes and learn where the detector usually goes off.

Bought a V-1 for my wife. Pretty great little unit, but my feeling is that it antagonizes the cop who eventually does nail you. My wife (in her infinite wisdom) was playing tag with an M5 in her little turbo Forester.
Troopers were using laser (Probably)and M5 fled leaving my wife as trooper bait. She tells me that he became incensed when he saw her V1. That was four points ago.

I may just go with another K-40, unless someone comes up with a truly trick installation. I read the radar threads where the V1 remote unit was hidden, but so what? The body of the unit is still visible somewhere in the car, no?

Will try to post pics at some point, but uploading pictures over satellite internet is a real nightmare. (uploads are horribly slow, downloads ok)

later,
Todd
Old 04-02-2004, 11:16 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 692 Likes on 492 Posts

Todd,
Do you live in NJ? If so may I ask who your insurance carrier is? I too have no points and multi car discount but my rate for my 993 is considerably higher than yours. Thanks.

Jamie
Old 04-02-2004, 11:51 PM
Dick in TN
Racer

You all are too young. Triple black means black exterior, black interior and blackwall tires.

Quick Reply: 993 C2s