Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which lightweight seat should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 04:56 AM
993C4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which lightweight seat should I get?

My car is reaching 10 years old and both passenger and driver seats are getting pretty worn. And since replacing seats is any easy way to shed weight off the car, I figured why not change them with lightweight seats.

I'm looking for something significantly lighter than stock and yet retaining some 'comfort'. My interior colour is Savannah and I would like to match my new seats with the existing colour.

Appreciate all your suggestions and PICS

TIA
Old 03-30-2004, 05:55 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well you will for sure not find lightweight racing seats in anything near Savannah but you can order GT3 seats that will fit your 993 in any original Porsche color. Otherwise black wouldn't look too bad.

Ciao,

Johannes E.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Which lightweight seat should I get?

Originally posted by 993C4
My car is reaching 10 years old and both passenger and driver seats are getting pretty worn. And since replacing seats is any easy way to shed weight off the car, I figured why not change them with lightweight seats.

I'm looking for something significantly lighter than stock and yet retaining some 'comfort'. My interior colour is Savannah and I would like to match my new seats with the existing colour.

Appreciate all your suggestions and PICS

TIA
Recaro Speed, black with yellow stitching will match your interior and you'll have the convenience of reclining them for access in the back seats.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:15 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

The GT3 seats are always a good way to go, but you should sit in some seats to make sure you fit well. Also, a top notch upholsterer can swath any shell in any color you want, but I imagine this would be a pricey route to take.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:10 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have black/CF GT3 seats in my 98 green cab with a tan interior...the black and tan contrast looks fine and I added a few more black accents to better balance the colors. It also works in my car because the CF goes with the exterior.

Are you sure your interior is savannah and not cashmere? I thought savannah was a 996 interior color. In any case Gert can order you the GT3 seats in any Porsche color leather you want. The other option is to find a beat up set of Recaro RS seats and have them recovered....there was a such a set on ebay that got sold pretty cheaply a few weeks ago.

Quick Reply: Which lightweight seat should I get?