Car Brokers

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 04:43 PM
ientre9y11
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Brokers

Other than Kathy Elliott of Virtual Auto Sales and Dave Maynard of European Locators, are there any other brokers that specialize in Porsches that have good reputations, ideally from someone with first hand experience?

I know that they often buy cars through auctions and that a lot of members here wouldn't buy a car through an auction.

kkim and David in LA will be pleased to hear that I did find the search function and used it extensively prior to writing this post.

Apologies for my earlier faux pas.

Any help for a Canucklehead in search of a 96-98 C2S or C4S would be most greatly appreciated.

David
Old 03-29-2004, 05:20 PM
Agro1
Banned

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=123607
Old 03-29-2004, 05:37 PM
ientre9y11
Addict
Rennlist Member

Agro1,

Thanks for the reference. I saw that post. My budget is $50K. That one sounds great but by the time you throw 18" turbo twist wheels, it would be approaching $65K.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Boxer6
Cruisin'

In yesterdays Seattle Times there was a private classified for a nice C2S low miles for 39K. Sorry don't know anymore info.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:09 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

For $39K, there is probably still a body in it.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:12 PM
Boxer6
Cruisin'

Originally posted by DC from Cape Cod
For $39K, there is probably still a body in it.
LOL
Old 03-29-2004, 06:28 PM
jonathank2000
Three Wheelin'

David,
I bought my car through a broker who listed my 993 on ebay in 2000. I flew down to Houston to take a look at the car and then arranged for an inspection from an independent there. The broker showed me the manual where a local reputable Porsche dealer stamped the manual with all of the services done on the car. It looked very authentic. When I took it to the independent, he advised me to go to the dealer and ask for the complete service history. The indepent gave it a thumbs up including the compression tests, so I didn't think it was all that important until the 60K service came around that they found a bunch of little things wrong that cost close to $4K to fix. I called the dealer and it turns out that the broker either had a connection there or he had his own stamp since the dealer didn't have a history of servicing the car. The broker is no longer in business.. lesson learned!

I'm not knocking brokers since I bought other cars from various broker but thought I would share this experience with one unethical broker.

Good luck!
Old 03-29-2004, 07:24 PM
ientre9y11
Addict
Rennlist Member

What is the broker's name?

I know there are lots of unscrupulous people in the auto sales business, that is why I asked for names of people with great reputations.

I think both Kathy Elliott and Dave Maynard look for cars on behalf of their clients, as opposed to someone who buys cars and then tries to flog them.

I read a number of posts where people said they had good experiences with them and recommended them. Wondered if there was anyone else out there that was good.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:38 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ientre9y11
What is the broker's name?

I know there are lots of unscrupulous people in the auto sales business, that is why I asked for names of people with great reputations.

I think both Kathy Elliott and Dave Maynard look for cars on behalf of their clients, as opposed to someone who buys cars and then tries to flog them.

I read a number of posts where people said they had good experiences with them and recommended them. Wondered if there was anyone else out there that was good.
you might try Buxton motorsports Brian is also a rennlist sponsor.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:26 AM
leeham
Addict
Rennlist Member

Brian Buxton is a Porsche lover in Indiana who is also a reputable broker.

http://www.buxtonmotorsports.com/

He's active on Rennlist and several other email lists.

LeeH

Quick Reply: Car Brokers