Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post Photos from Baltimore/DC/NoVa Meet and Drive HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 12:03 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

Sorry for being so late jumping in here, but I wanted to also say how much I enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing the cars. It was interesting how each successive car pulling in the lot just stole more and more attention. Like John's black 993 turbo...the 964 turbo... and of course the incredible 356. And I must admit that my spine is still tingling just a bit from that Supercup exhaust on Mark's machine. (I don't think the word "car" does it justice anymore.)

I have a slew of pics on my website @ Elkridge Meet .
If anyone wants prints, feel free to download the high res photo to print on your own or there is even a link to print directly through Shutterfly above each picture. (You have to click the thumb and then the resized pic to bring up the high res version. You'll know it when you see it.) I haven't done any post processing on the photos yet so they will probably be cleaned up and sharpened just a touch in the weeks to come.

But I will post a few here though...

Of course... the wreck that happened in front of us. (Hope we didn't cause that.)

Old 03-30-2004, 12:04 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

...continued...

...this is mine.

Old 03-30-2004, 12:04 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

...last one...

and finally...

Thanks again Mark for putting this together.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:26 PM
deleonl1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, excellent pictures...what kind of camera are you using?

Your camera picked up the "Carrera" still in the paint in that last picture.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:32 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks! haha - I saw that too. I was going to clean up the residual "Carrera" in Photoshop, but just haven't had time yet. I'm using a Canon 10D and most pics were shot through a Sigma 24mm 1.8 EX. Nothing like that big "L" glass Mark had though.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:44 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Brian,

A pleasure finally meeting you and getting a chance to see your hot ride! Your photos are terrific. Thanks for posting!

I think your car inspired a lot of people to lighten their wallets.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by BS911
Thanks! haha - I saw that too. I was going to clean up the residual "Carrera" in Photoshop, but just haven't had time yet. I'm using a Canon 10D and most pics were shot through a Sigma 24mm 1.8 EX. Nothing like that big "L" glass Mark had though.
That "911" with the "Carrera" residue is mine. It will eventually be clean, but I didn't want to rub it anymore than I did the day I replaced the emblem. I think the sun will even out the color difference eventually. That was a real fun job, using a hair dryer and dental floss in a cold garage last December.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:00 PM
deleonl1
Racer

I like the "911", Rick, where did you get it?

I know how it goes about removing emblems...seems like it's always the middle of winter when I decide that I need the clean look on my cars and of course I'm too impatient to wait for when it's warmer.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

I got it from some German dude on eBay for around $10.

Here are a few more photos from Sunday.
Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

And another.
Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2004, 10:02 PM
cmyers33
Track Day

Mark and all,

Thank you for a great day. My first Porsche meet and greet. My daughter now realizes that I am not the only car geek (her words) around. I am still confused by all the various varieties of 911 but they are all beautiful cars. I look forward to seeing some of you guys at the Hershey Swap meet.

BTW: My daughter was talking to some high school boy who was bragging about racing his fathers car. She asked him if he had been to his four Driver Education sessions and if he had the racing seats, five point harness, roll cages, tow hook and emergency shutoff. The boy couldn't handle someone who actually knew about this stuff and went off in a huff. Maybe a future Porsche racer here???

To all who posted pictures, great shots. And to everyone who had to follow me through the drive, I hope I didn't slow you down too much!
Old 03-30-2004, 10:25 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

cmyers,

I'm glad you two could make it! I hope your daughter wasn't too bored by all of the talk of unobtanium this and underhead cam that. Please come out to the next one. Are you a member of the Chesapeake Porsche club?
Old 03-30-2004, 10:27 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 689 Likes on 489 Posts

Nice pics Brian and great looking car. You were only a couple of cars down from me but I don't think we got a chance to talk. The hour and 1/2 went so quick, I could have spent twice that time looking at the cars and meeting the owners. I look forward to the next meet.

cmyers- Your car was beutiful and as one who was behind you I will say you were moving plenty fast enough. I believe, also, that we were all a victim of the Comcast truck for a mile or two as well. We had that fantastic C4 coupe in between us. That may have been my favorite car there believe it or not. It was just perfect.

Quick Reply: Post Photos from Baltimore/DC/NoVa Meet and Drive HERE!