Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does this unplugged harness connector do

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 03:50 PM
EckFe1
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

If this last picture is the components shown under the passenger seat, the white cable is going to the Nokia amp. It's a DIN cable.
Old 02-10-2021, 04:02 PM
barracuda68
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I just googled it. Man im pretty ignorant on this car. No idea there was an amp in it. I just thought the cassette radio drove the speakers. If its rotted I assume I can just unplug it correct? I already pulled the becker 6 disk changer.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:16 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 468 Likes on 307 Posts

The cruise module is about the size of a large deck of cards, plugged into a blue multi pin plug. I think what you're seeing here is the amp for the radio. The cruise module will be on the inside of the passenger seat near to the shifter/center console. it's totally sealed , but if there's water intrusion, it can short out. the immobilizer is under the driver's seat. Good luck. electronic demons suck!!!

Originally Posted by barracuda68
Prswil...

That brings a up a good question. The car has moisture damage as it was stored under a tree outside for 4 years, I took a pic under the passenger seat and it looks rough. I need to get a battery in the car or a safer bet is to try to power up the seats by themselves first and move them to get to the bolts to remove them and then check all the electronics.

Afraid to just power up the car.

The drivers side looks good.

I assume that cruise control is connected to the white cable or is that the immobilizer?

Ed, I’ll check those rods as well. Oh and nice 72. That and the 73 are my favorites due to the round tail lights. It’s a car on my bucket list for sure.

Are those RUF wheels on it? Haha....

Quick Reply: What does this unplugged harness connector do