Sponsored by:

Suspension Upgrade 96 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 12:23 PM
Jim_me
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Suspension Upgrade 96 C4S

I am looking into upgrading my suspension. One of my friends has recommended the H&R
coil over kit. I understand that the kit rides rather rough but I am looking to get maximum performance. Is there a better kit that I should look at or is the H&R about as good as I can get? Thankyou very much in advance for any help!
Old 06-11-2001, 12:39 PM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Jim_me:
<STRONG>I am looking into upgrading my suspension. One of my friends has recommended the H&R
coil over kit. I understand that the kit rides rather rough but I am looking to get maximum performance. Is there a better kit that I should look at or is the H&R about as good as I can get? Thankyou very much in advance for any help!</STRONG>
Depends on what the definition of "rough" is. His comparison may be different than yours. What it boils down to though, is what you plan to do with the car. If you plan to track it, then a good H&R coilover setup is what you're going to want, along with upgraded sway bars. If it's not a track your car is destined for, look into the ROW M030 kit which is not quite as firm of a ride as the H&R.

It would be a good idea to check into the suspension FAQ on Robin Sun's web site: http://p-car.com

-Matt
Old 06-11-2001, 01:01 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Also have a look at the FVD suspension setup. A number of us have that kit installed and are very happy with it.
Schatz Motorsport
Old 06-11-2001, 01:02 PM
Jim Sullivan
Instructor

I did a complete upgrade on my 97C2S last year.. Bilsteins RSR Motorsports w/ Eibach Springs @500lbs front, 600 back, monoballs with camber plates, factory RSR/GT2 front and rear swaybars, and a Brey Krause Strut Bar... $4,579 total plus install.

Keeping in mind Matt's comment about one man's stiff ride is another's pin cushion, I feel that this is an excellent "combination" setup. I go much faster and happier at the track events I attend, and I am comfortable with the performance ride for the street.
Old 06-11-2001, 01:50 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have upgraded the suspension on my '98 C2S with the H&R sport setup with Porsche RS adjustable anti-sway bars retaining the stock rubber bushed upper strut towers. I believe the spring rates in the ballpark of 290# front and 360# rear. I also lowered the car to Euro RS rideheight and I use Fikse 17" rims with 245/45ZR17 front tires and 315/35ZR17 rear tires. To me, it's perfectly streetable.

To go one step further than this you could get the H&R "Supercup" setup with stiffer spring rates, the tender springs, and monoball upper struts. I belive this is what the Euro RS would use. I did not want to make this step.

Quick Reply: Suspension Upgrade 96 C4S