Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote door lock/unlock installation into '95 993

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 02:58 PM
EvilllEmpirE
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 41 Posts

I’m looking for one of Tore’s T-Lock Kits if anyone has one laying around that they don’t need….tia
Old 06-20-2022, 07:44 PM
RockstarBruski

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbyp
I'd just wait for Tore to get his product back in stock, things go into and out of stock at his web store pretty frequently. Very high quality with easy instructions. I don't know if I'd trust some random Amazon or eBay seller to touch the electrical system of my car. Until then it really isn't all that hard to use the key.
ok thanks. I asked him to put me on a wait list for one. Id rather support him and other rennlist members for items rather than buy from some random sellers on amazon.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:30 AM
RockstarBruski

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RockstarBruski
ok thanks. I asked him to put me on a wait list for one. Id rather support him and other rennlist members for items rather than buy from some random sellers on amazon.
Update as of 8/2/2022 still nothing in stock and no ETA due to supply issues.

Last edited by RockstarBruski; 08-23-2022 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-15-2023, 04:40 PM
jov993
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nile13
Well, having been a part of several debates on whether or not it's possible to install an aftermarket remote door lock/unlock switch, I now have a definitive answer. And the answer is YES.

Preliminaries:
The following is for a 1994 and 1995 built 993s with no immobilizer installed and no factory remote. I do not know anything about immobilizer and its functionality when it comes to controlling the door locking.

The procedure is very simple, it could be done in 30-40 minutes total.

You will need:

Some sort of remote door opener. I used a $30 JC Whitney unit that I already had, but there are dozens of them on the market.
6mm hex (allen) wrench
10mm socket
Small flat blade screwdriver
Wire cutting tool
Wire crimping tool or some other method of attaching wires
Voltmeter (optional)

Procedure:

1. Take out the passenger seat. In order to do that you'll need to undo the 6 hex head bolts (6mm) that hold the rails to the floor. Raise both the front and the rear of the seat to the highest position to give yourself more room. Disconnet (pull off by hand) the connector under the front portion of the seat before removing the seat from the car.

2. Once the seat is out you will see this:

Red arrow indicates the Porsche "Control unit/Central Locking".

3. Unscrew the 10 mm nut on the side and carefully pull out the control unit. The thick black wire is held by a metal connector that is fairly easy to break, but since the wires are not moving, that's not a big deal.

4. Detach the yellow connector as seen below. In order to do that, pry up the black plastic slider in the middle with a small flat blade screwdriver. Once it's up, you can just pull on it with your fingers or a larger screwdriver. Below is what you'll see: arrow 1 is the connector, arrow 2 is the control unit. Black connector is also disconnected, but you can leave it connected.

5. There are two wires going to yellow connector that you will need. One is Brown/Blue and the other is Brown/Green. Brown/Blue is "Lock", Brown/Green is "Unlock".

6. Connect the "Lock" and "Unlock" wires from your remote control unit to the two above wires. You can do it in several ways. I did it a about 4" above the yellow connector. Unwind or cut the gooey black insulation tape first. Don't cut the wires too close to the connector. Once the connections are made, re-tape with electric tape.

7. Remote units differ, but most universal ones have a polarity wire (often white). It can either be connected to Ground or +12V. In case of 993 you connect it to Ground. So, attach the polarity wire and ground wire together to the convenient Ground connection that can be seen on the first picture (brown wire with a lug is connected there).

8. Connect you fused +12V (usually red) wire to a convenient +12V non-switched power source. You want to make sure that +12V is present with ignition off, as that's how you are going to use the remote. Most power leads on universal remote controllers are already fused, but make sure it is.

9. Connect the yellow connector back into the controller, screw the controller back in. Get outside, close the door, push the buttons, make sure the car locks and unlocks, drink a beer. Or don't.

10. You can attach the remote unit to the top of the factory door controller if it's slim enough not to interfere with the seat. Put the seat back in, connect the power connector under the seat, bolt the seat down, drink another beer. Or don't.

Optionally you can connect the lead to have the car blink the parking lights when locking or unlocking the doors, but I never did that in any of my cars, so that's where my instructions stop.

The entire procedure can be done in 30-40 minutes.

The original discussion revolved around the ability to arm the alarm while remotely locking the car. Mine seems to be fine, the red LEDs in the doors are blinking as they do when door is locked with the key.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. If this is to be put into a DIY collection on Robin's site, I'd like somebody else to try it to make sure all the steps are described well enough.
Hi buddy
I have a 1996 993 with no Immobilizer or remote and tried to follow your procedure until I got stripping back the black gooey tape and didn’t have to colours that you described. Also you mention a door opener, are you describing another door solenoid to be fitted in the drivers door?
Old 02-15-2023, 04:45 PM
996scott
Rennlist Member

Received 214 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by RockstarBruski
Update as of 8/2/2022 still nothing in stock and no ETA due to supply issues.
Just got an email from Tore saying they are back in stock.

https://www.bergvillfx.com/products/t-lock-keylessentry
Old 02-16-2023, 02:33 PM
jay@EZimmoblock.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 409 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by jov993
Hi buddy
I have a 1996 993 with no Immobilizer or remote and tried to follow your procedure until I got stripping back the black gooey tape and didn’t have to colours that you described. Also you mention a door opener, are you describing another door solenoid to be fitted in the drivers door?
Those are the correct wire colors. Make sure you're looking on the Yellow connector. Clean the tape goop off real good, it can obscure the colors.
Old 02-16-2023, 11:20 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

jov993, please read both my description and Boris' clarification that seem to apply to later cars. The wires will be the colors described in one of those two posts. Also, there are no extra solenoids needed.

Last edited by nile13; 02-16-2023 at 11:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Remote door lock/unlock installation into '95 993