Sponsored by:

Porsche Brake Pad sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 07:26 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Graham, I can do it for you, I've sent stuff to Finland before, Sweden should be similar. Let me know what part # you need and I'll see what the price is at teh dealer next week. Your pads should be the same as my C2 pads, I assume?
Old 03-20-2004, 08:28 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Ben, well it was even more hectic than expected, but I have joined Maverick PCA and will find a way to get together. I'm really only about 5mins from Boardwalk so we must be pretty close.

I did get to Boardwalk on my way to the Stars game but the special is only on Turbo pads - the normal 993 pads are still circa $103(fr) and $58 (rear). So if you have big reds or a 993TT or a 993C4S or C2S - fill your boots now!
Old 03-20-2004, 09:47 PM
Ben in Plano, TX
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ruairidh,

You got bad info because I went by late today and asked how long the sale was on (for 1 month - at least) and they were confused about which pads were on sale. In fact one guy asked the other - what price did you quote that fellow earlier? and it was wrong! Must have been you they were talking about.

Anyway - the C2S has standard Carrera brakes (no big reds) same as you. And they confirmed the 'street' sale price was $49.99 - not $100. I got them at the volume discount price (because I buy everything there!) of $39.99 a set.

Give them a call Monday and ask for Larry Irby. He'll get it right (he's the parts manager).

There is a Maverick lunch at Texana Grill in Addison next Tuesday - it's held every month. If you're interested we could meet there and you could meet a few other Mavs.

Check the www.mavpca.org website for the full calendar. Don't forget - we're hosting the Porsche Parade this year!

Ben
Old 03-20-2004, 10:07 PM
motion
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$34 at Sunset Porsche!
Old 03-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Ben in Plano, TX
Ruairidh,

You got bad info because I went by late today and asked how long the sale was on (for 1 month - at least) and they were confused about which pads were on sale. In fact one guy asked the other - what price did you quote that fellow earlier? and it was wrong! Must have been you they were talking about.

Ben
I used to have my car serviced at Boardwalk (before we moved to Michigan in 2001) and, unfortunately, the above is typical of my experiences with them.

I'm not sure what my schedule looks like next week, but lunch with Porsche owners on Tues sure sounds good!

Quick Reply: Porsche Brake Pad sale